Posts by noahsmummy

I started for my sons first birthday as well, that was a little over a year ago, was 19.
a round cake, with a smaller round cake stacked on top. hth
hi, with my two castle cake ive done, ive just done a two tier round cake, for the turrets, the first time i wrapped cardboard cylinders in fondant and topped with an upsidedown ice cream cone, and covered that in fondant "shingles". the second time i did it i used rice krispie treat for the cylindar part.. found it to be more stable.. and used the up turned ice cream cone again.There are a million and one ways to make a castle cake, i believe wilton sells a turret kit? I...
thankyou, i have round two in the oven now, with a pan of water on the bottom shelf, im hoping it will help! ive not seen an oven thermometers anywhere, does anyone know where to get them from? (im in australia).haha i wish i could get anew oven! im renting, looking at moving in around 6 months.. no doubt teh first thing i will be doing is inspecting the kitchen! made the mistake of not doing that when i moved in here. lol
my oven is an older stule one, it died a few weeks ago and had a new element put in (its electric) ever since, it has been BURNING the bottom of EVERYTHING i bake before the top is even half way done! i just pulle a cake out that i had been testing throughout, it was only JUST cooked on the top, and yet the bottom is a layer of charcoal. Has nayone ever had this happen tot hem? any ideas of what i can do?
mm yeah basically every cake i have done has been a disaster. most recent was for my best friends sister. My friend was so excited about it, saying she couldnt wait etc etc, had the most beautiful design for it, and then the heat wave strikes... 45 degrees C (111? F) for a whole week. wow. my fondant crusted while it was resting so got horrible lumps all through it, apart from that it would have been fine. expcept for these UGLY UGLY LUMPS! so then my friend wasnt able to...
loving the dissect fake flowers idea! im heading to the shops to pick some fake flowers this afternoon! thanks!
I am quite happy you are not a law maker or a judge then. This comment truly shows how naive you are on the subject. what are the chances of someone dying or ruining their lives from a cake sold illegally? and then what are the chances of someone ruining their life or dying from drugs??Comments about drugs, murder and other SERIOUS crimes should NOT be thrown around lightly.As i said in my earlier post, this is a very firey subject and people have very strong opinions...
Lives arnt destroyed by cakes as they are by illicit drugs, murder and other serious crimes. Being the daughter of someone whos life WAS destroyed by drugs, I find it to be in extreme bad taste that you can compare these to activities to one another. Yes they are both illegal, but they are not at the same level so to speak. You are not going to get 25-life for selling a cake. This is a touchy subject, Im fully aware of that, everybody has their opinions to give and are...
[quote="jason_kraft"]havnt read through the entire post yet, but in reference to this, the original quote was in reference to Australian Law - not american Law, and this i something I have also heard.