Posts by QuiteContrary

If anyone has any advice for me on making this cake, I would truly appreciate it. From the sizes of cake needed, carving, stacking, covering and pricing everything. Any and all positive feedback welcome. Thanks in advance.
I have to make a cake for a client who wants a banana that is almost peeled all the way down but with the peel still attached.  Does anyone have any advice or instructions on how I can get this done? I want to make it look as realistic as possible.   Any advice on coluring and texturing the fondant to achieve realism will be greatly appreciated.
I know you have an app for Ipad but what about a free android app for those of us who don't have an ipad. That would be wonderful. Thanks
Cake with no filling is the norm in the caribbean. If filling is needed that would have to be specified. The client felt the 6" would be too small. Cupcake towers are not traditional here and I guess they still want the feel of a big wedding cake. I am just a home baker in my spare time so I am learning these things as I go.
The topcake is big because it is on top of a cupcake stand. The rest of the display is cupcakes and they wanted something a bit bigger than the 6". I already have a lace mold, the cake will be from scratch as will the buttercream, fondant and gumpaste. No filling in cake. I am also making the topper and handpainting/ dusting everything.
The topcake is big because it is on top of a cupcake stand. The rest of the display is cupcakes and they wanted something a bit bigger than the 6". I already have a lace mold, the cake will be from scratch as will the buttercream, fondant and gumpaste. No filling in cake. I am also making the topper and handpainting/ dusting everything.
I have to give a price to a client for a wedding order. The top tier is an 8" citrus /vanilla cake with buttercream, fondant lace pieces, silver dragees, with hand painted gumpaste roses and orchids on top. This is the one I need the pricing help for. Can you just give me a ballpark figure so I know where to start with this.
I have been asked to do a 25 inch keyboard cake. Any helpful hints would be appreciated. Can I print sheet music on rice paper? I am not sure how much carving would be involved and the size and number of the keys (black and white). I am planning on using white fondant that I will airbrush black. Will the black colour run into the white keys? Please advise ASAP. Thanks
I would love to do something with dry ice. Where can I buy it? Can it be stored for a long time and how must it be used?
Nice tips. Thanks. I was going to use silicone but this gumpaste mold sounds great too!