Posts by charlielunness

Thanks for your replies..much appreciated! Didn't think of that, annabakescakes, don't want to come across as a moany pants! I do have someone I can recommend customers to for when I am not able to take on orders, good tip...thank you. At the moment I'm not taking on any new orders for the next month. Just going to complete the ones I have. I'm hoping things will subside, will rethink things if they do not, will update availability info also, thank you for your great...
So basically, I'm pregnant! I've been running my legal home based business since August last year, so still very much in its infancy. I'm only 6 weeks along but am suffering with awful tiredness and nausea. I'm struggling to keep up with inquiries and basically everything except the actual baking at the moment. I'm planning on finishing up a month before my due date and probably take a break for two to three months. Now I'm sure things are going to get better once the...
Hi guys, thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate all the feedback. Like I said I am still starting out so to speak so still trying to find my groove. I did give the lady another option at around half the price. In the future I do need to be a little/lot more direct and actually ask her budget. I agree with dynee that she had champagne tastes and defo a beer budget!   I totally agree that family don't understand and are not the people to talk to about this,...
Thank you for the support! I had a chat to my other half and mum and they both think that £105 is a lot of money for a cake, but I think that is because my other half gets free cake and my mum can bake so she would have no need to spend big money. Felt like I was losing my mind and that I really was asking too much! The lady got a very kind, very professional email thanking her for her interest and wishing her luck with her party.   Thank you   Charlie x  
So today I got a request for a quote on one of my cakes. Its a three tier birthday cake (12", 10" & 8"). The woman had been referred from a mutual friend. Now this 'mutual friend'... I had made her wedding cake as a gift before I started my business last year. She bought the ingredients and I made the cake. She paid out around £100 ($160) for ingredients, supports, topper. I provided the base.   Anyways, I know this woman knows all of this, yet her reply told me in...
Hey everyone, am hoping for a little advice! I'm just starting up and would like to get a website together. I own my domain name, but now need a host and actual website of some description. Before I commit, i thought I'd ask you guys as some of you have some beautiful websites.Anyone willing to share any resonably priced ways to do this, or how you did yours?Thank you x
no advise other than to keep it up.. sorry Im in the uk also and just starting up and due to this forum im am now very aware of this problem.pointless reply looking at it actually but there are others taking the same view..promise stand strong! x