Posts by karukaru

Following Is there a picture of the cake? It sounds interesting.
I think It is ok because my friend is not expecting ganache. it is for a one year old's birthday so maybe buttercream is better.
Thanks! I need to use it today. Should I whip it or should I make indydebie's buttercream and fold it in? I need to cover it in fondant and do not have time to let it sit
I made it Last night and put it in the fridge but it did not harden. It just got a little bit thicker. I can't remember the recipe but I think I used this one:    8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (we like 61 percent cacao) 1 cup heavy cream 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt Also, my ganache is grainy so I guess the chocolate didn't completely melt. What should I do? this is for a fondant covered round cake. Show I reheated? Should I whip it to form a...
bump
Please help!
Hi,So I made my first batch yesterday and it turned out perfect! I need red icing so today I added a full small container of Wilton's red color and now the icing feels and looks a bit grainy! This cake is not for a costumer, it is just to sing happy birthday to my 2 year old son, so I guess it is not the end of the world but I don't want it to look that way. I wanted to take pictures of the cake to put it on my facebook page but it is going to look terrible. How do I fix...
Thank you.
Thanks! I am not referring to pricing on the whole cake. That I know. But I have never done a cake with a large flower and I know you have to charge separate for the flower but I wasn't sure about the going rate for a metropolitan area (I am in the Ft.Lauderdale/Miami.) Any ideas?
Hi, I got a request to make this buttercream cake but I am not even sure if this is a stencil or sugarveil. Also, what is the name of this flower and how much would you charge for it. Thanks!