Posts by TerriLynn

HA!! I feel the same way. I need to take a vacation day from work just to read thru all of this! It is addicting!
Hi, Fiddlesticks! Bless you, bless you for sharing these links!
Hi! I HIGHLY recommend "The Mat" from SweetWise in Nashville, TN. It is one of the most awesome cake tool ever. It makes rolling out fondant such a breeze!
Hi1 I wonder if the sinking cake could have anything to do with using straws instead of dowel rods to stack the cake (?) I just took the Wilton "Tall Cakes" class and the instructor said to not use straws because they can bend if the cake is too heavy. I have only stacked one cake and the wooden dowel rods worked very well. Hope this helps.
Hi! I always use the pre-measured Crisco. It is more expensive, but worth it when in a hurry. I usually use a 1/4 the amount of almond extract than I do vanilla - for example, if the recipe calls for 2 tsp of vanilla, I use 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla, 1/4 tsp of almond and 1/4 tsp of butter. Sometimes I add a drop or two more of butter - it really brings out the flavor. Hope this helps.
Sounds like it is going to be a beautiful cake! Can't wait to see a picture. Please be sure to post one
Oh! I didn't think about it like that. Makes sense.
Wow! That is strange to me. It would be torture to keep looking at the beautiful wedding cake thinking you are going to get a slice and then they bring you something else. I would feel totally robbed.
Okay -- That does it...I'm gonna call Libby's and sound pitiful so I can get some coupons and recipes. ha ha !
So glad somebody brought this up. Last night I needed a can of pumpkin pie mix or canned pumpkin for pumpkin spice muffins. Went to two stores with no relief in sight. I bought something else and winged it, but now I am dang determined to get me some pumpkin. ha ha!