Posts by MYOM-Dominic

Hi Grace,Its called an Adjust-A-Mold Box and you can find it here:http://www.makeyourownmolds.com/adjust-a-mold-boxDominic
Hi Teenz,WOW - I think your orchid came out beautiful. Silicone Plastique can be used in so many ways - I would have advised you to go ahead and apply it to the part that you want to duplicate and it looks like you already did.;l Can you post a picture of the mold you made, I would love to see it.Dominic
Hi Renoir,You most certainly can pour sugar out on a slab and work it into shapes. Chefs have been doing that for fifty years. I also would not use sculpey to cast sugar - it simply is not designed to take that kind of heat and I also think it would not be safe as it may leave a residue on your casting that should not be ingested.Hope This HelpsDominic
Hi Claudette,It is pretty easy to make a new mold from an old one. The first step is to make one last impression out of the old mold. You can use fondant, gumpaste, plaster or wax. The impression that comes out of a mold is called a positive. The mold itself is called a negative. Any who - if you made the positive out of gumpaste, plaster or fondant, you must let it dry completely. Then you must seal it with Seal-Dit. If you used wax to make the positive, you do not have...
Jobueno, lyndim, PinkLisa, icer101,My Pleasure, I'm always glad to help out.Dominic
Hi PinkLisa,Here is a step by step on how to make a diamond mold. This appeared in CakeCentral magazine in the April/May issue.I would not recoomend that you use a putty silicone for this project. The materials you buy at Micheals cure very quickly which will make it difficult for you to make an accurate mold. Most importantly, a diamond of the size you want to make creates alot of pressure inside the mold when poured. Hot sugar seeping out of your mold can be very...
Hi Ann,You can make a mold from a pressed Queen Anne's Lace flower. The method you would use is very much like making a lace mold. You can watch the free video here:http://cakecentral.com/articles/754/how-to-make-your-own-lace-moldsAnother method you may want to consider is to take your logo to a laser engraver who can reproduce your logo in acrylic with a raised design like a rubber stamp. It would be very easy to make a mold from this..At Your Service,Dominic
Hi Lulu,I would recommend that you use Silicone Plastique to make this mold. LSW929 recommended Amazing Mold Putty but what many people don't realize is that that material cures in about 15 to twenty minutes. That means that you have about three minutes to apply it which is not much time. Silicone Plastique cures in an hour to an hour and a half. This was purposefully designed to give you about 15 minutes of work time so you can take your time and press Silicone Plastique...
Hi Casme,Could you resend the web address? It is not working.
Hi Mrspriss0912,This is a tough question. My first response would be that you use Silicone Plastique, because it is the simplest material to use and a good way to start learning how to make molds. The challenge is that you want to start immediately with an advanced project. Usually it is better to make one piece molds and get the feel of the materials and the process. Don't get me wrong - you certainly can make this mold and an Eiffel Tower is not that difficult. What I...