Posts by suzied

In my opinion, i think it will be neater if you do the pages in white fondant. not really sure, but i think some people put a bit of tylose into the fondant for the cover to keep it straight. i am not comfortable with that, bcause the people will be eating it.  you may also add brown to the white fondant and get it at least light brown and then paint it. i wonder how it will look if you paint it with only brown gel and no vodka.  last night i made two dummy books  for...
Which cake are you referring to?  the above link, shows so many.
Why dont you buy chocolate fondant instead?. Not sure whether you can achieve this colour by painting with brown gel and vodka. You may have to give a number of coates, reapplying after it dries.   Let the fondant over hang by about 1/4". first do the pages. ie. use a strip of fondant and paste it on the 3 sides. run a fork/icingicomb over it to mark the pages then place the fondant over the cake.  i suggest you have like a template cut out of paper for the size of...
Not bad for a first time. keep making more and you will get better. practice, practice and more practice
Do you mean.........  Do you like black icing in a cake?     No i dont. doesnt look appetizing
Bright idea must give it a try
Thanks Denette. that's what I have been doing. my folks don't like when I put too much icing. there have been times when I cut off a couple of mm so that I don't have to  waste so much icing!    thanks once again.
I know its easier with a cutter. if I had to do it , I would cut out a template on cardboard and cut it out with a scalpel. the little holes, I will make it with a no. 4 tip before placing on the cake. as for the bigger dots (not the biggest) a no. 12tip, place them on the frill and then put it on the cake. ae nd for the biggest spots the back of an 1M tip.  there you have it.
When I make  a cake, it shrinks about 1 cm or a wee bit more all round. its normal isn't it? my question is,  do you, just keep filling the sides to fit the cardboard circle or cut it to size (specially for buttercream cakes).  how do you tackle this, may I know please. thanks.
Just a suggestion only. I have done only guitar cakes in the wiltons pans. if I had to do an electric guitar. I will cut out a guitar shaped board in plywood, mdf, etc. and build my cake on that. that should support the neck. you should find templates on the internet.