Posts by suzied

Thank you
Can some one tell me if this pattern is done using a cricut machine or how?  Just curious. I don't think its a stencil.  tks.  
Most sri lankan/Indian grocery stores will have  rosewater essence/flavouring. (star brand). you also get the "queens" brand rosewater in the super markets in the isle where they sell cake ingredients, colouring etc.
Thanks Devinecc.  just ordered a pair  for only  A$ 2.38 on ebay. Now i got to look out for a long knife.
Did I mention anything about "fat" in my post? I don't think so " Enga"  that recipe isn't mine. Not sure what you are referring to.
I make a lot of pound cakes. far too much of baking powder in this recipe. I would add only 4teaspoon baking powder for this quantity of flour - for sure. (also about 8eggs)  failing which check your oven door beading (rubber strip)  2 tablespoons of Vanilla?????   2tsp  (teaspoons) should do.  there is far too much of liquid. one cup milk is more than enough, in my opinion. What temperature are you baking it at  and for how long?  I would say  180 degrees.  I would bake...
When u take the cake out of the fridge give it a quick thin coat of icing, so that ur rosettes have something to hold on to. sometime back a similar thing happened to me. the icing on the cake was dry and the moment I studded the cake with bc stars, it kept falling off. this may be the problem. OR yr icing is too soft. whats the temperature over there. high humidity?
When I don't know how much of batter I need for a particular pan, I place the pan on  the  scale , set it to zero, pour water to the brim of the pan , and then divide the weight   by 10.  I make mostly butter/pound cakes/chocolate cakes. i.e  if the pan hold 2000gms  divide by 10 = 200gms x 4 (egg,flour,butter &sugar) that particular pan can hold upto 800gms of ingredients approximately.
Just got my kenwood KM023    works beautifully. it has a 1500 watt motor  all stainless steel.  my previous mixer too was a kenwood - still running after almost 20yrs!!
I have never coloured a sponge cake. I am sure a tear drop of colour added to it wont cause any harm