Posts by shannycakers

ok thank you! as soon as i get home I will watch the utube video.. I appreciate your suggestion:)
I have a cake order for this and at first I thought it was a tulip and started looking for tulip tutorials but i cant find anything that looks similar to this. Please tell me what flower this is and how to make these please and thanks!      
thanks Jason, yes currently I use Super Hymo Shortening instead of Sweetex because there is no local carrier anywhere near me. I pay 51 plus 23 shipping from Stovercompany.com   They are excellent and teh Hymo is awesome.
computer paper, and buying a round spice rack turner (frim Ikea) for my turn table, 8$ and love it!
Jason, do they ship? they say no location in my area? if so what is the cost with shipping, (presuming your get yours shipped).   Thanks for the info!
this is awesome! i have a few questions, as I have tried to do this with a louis vuitton cake and it was quite difficult and I had issues getting the edible paper to curve arond sides without bubbling..   Can you tell me, how many sheet you uses? Did you cut them before hand to exact size of purse? Did you do it in sections, front- 1 piece, sides- 1-piece- and back? How did you fix the seems so it didnt show through?   When I did my luois cake the sheets would...
I go by the wilton serving charge and 10 inch cake will feed way more than 26 poeple... in my opinion, you will need to decide what size servings the person will need. I go by wedding servings for all my cakes, but that is just me. I would serve an 8 inch cake, but my cakes are very large and baked high.
absolutely nothing wrong here, you did everything you could for that cake. If you left it outside it would have melted, and you are not responsible after assembly and dropping if off where they stated to drop it off at. If they didnt have the manpower to lift the cake and get it to the tent for cutting, they should have asked someone else for help, not your fault..   They dropped it, they are responsible..and you warned them about temp. Sorry this happened for...
when you say taped off? what type of tape do you use and you mean it comes off the cake? I was wondering how people airbrushed certain aspects of there cakes and not others, and then i see this thread about taping off a cake.  Anyone do this? and what type of tape to buy, then you stick it on and it peels off without pullin the cake??
o i see! crank it evenly and the lines may not show, ok im going to try that out. I know so many people use these with great results! mine came from michaels craft store in clay aisle. On mine the highter numbers are larger gaps, the lower number you go the thinner it gets..   hoping i can get a smooth piece of fondant to come out soon! thanks