Posts by shannycakers

yes I thought about that, and am going to try it, I just hope the skewers dont slash right through the cake and drop...i was even thinking of putting a dowel under each apple.. not sure
Wedding cake for this weekend and bride is supplying the apples, on a 3 tier square 6/8/10 wedding cake, all crusting buttercream. I just realized I am not sure how to secure the apples on the tiers, since there is only a 2 inch space instead of 3..   Any one have ideas, i have seen photos with apples all over and wondered how are they getting them to stay in place?   Also any one know how to get the rustic non smooth buttercream look? I planned on taking a spatula and...
leave it alone.. let the child bake and make a few dollars. He will get tired of baking very soon anyway..and the mother will get tired of bringing them to work. Some places dont consider it a business unless you make X amount of profit per year. Doubful this child is going to make that much for tax purposes, lol.   AND 50 cents is not going to pay for the ingredients so Im sure this is just a life lesson for the child.   I cant believe im even responding to this...
Wowsers, once again a simple question, turned into much more. Its one thing to inform but to keep on informing over and over again is so redundant, and then to accuse them of baking in a non commercial kitchen when she does use a commercial kitchen is crossing the line... THAT WASNT HER QUESTION.   If you dont know something.. dont act like you do, and dont jump to conclusions. Thats why I hate CC half the time. Thank goodness for half of cc being awesome people, its...
ok I just found this recipe on cake central, anyone have any other suggestions??   APPLE SPICE CAKE   Ingredients 3 cups flour 1 1/2 cups sugar 4 medium sized granny smith apples [cut into chunks about the size of a dime] 1/2 cups plain apple sauce 1/4 cups milk 1 stick unsalted butter [softened] 1 tsp. baking powder 1 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp. nutmeg 1 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 tsp. salt 2 eggs   Directions 1. Preheat oven to 350. 2. Cut...
Hello, I am desperate need of a good, doctored OR scratch recipe for a wedding, for apple spice cake, all the ones i see online are more of a coffee cake/muffin style. Anyone have any tried and true recipes that are sturday and fluffy?
I am sure they both work, I am partial to the little peg on SPS, it helps center my cakes too.. i love the little peg:). The only problem i dont like with sps but o well, is the legs have to be cut on every cake... my cakes are always 41/2 inches high. I like a higher cake so i am not able to use the precut 4 inch legs..
I deliver every cake on my lap, even 3 tier wedding cakes, while my husband drives. no problem if you shift weight and lift around turns. FROM your photo, what happened was a person holding the cake not tightly and a quick break job... cake slid apart and went down hill from there. I use SPS   Happened to me once when I let someone pick up cake and put it in there back seat, cake slid apart..on a turn. Never again...for me after that..
o my goodness! this is incredible!!! its just the best!!  I have so many questions, haha. You should do some sort of tutorial, i would buy it! lol. How did you bake your cake in the top shape of tire, or did you carve? Also what type of support system did you use, and how are you gettin git to stand on the cake so well! Did you transport it altogether??
It depends on the recipe, but honestly it is not your problem that she cancelled the cake and changed the date.... you are under no obligation to re create the cake a week later.  I did this one time for a client a few years ago and it was a disaster, I suggest you drop the cake off, get paid and wash your hands of this mess, unless she is your BFF.   What if she decides that the party is post poned again....next week. That is exactly what happened to me, and I never...