Posts by shannycakers

thank you:) yeah i was hoping not to use a drill and im afraid of choc or super glue not holding to the board. Im surprised no one has any other suggestions though.. My son may not get this cake ahhaah
My 11 yr old wants a scary dragon cake for bday this weekend, all the tutorial link I have found seem broken, except the one that uses a drill n pvc pipe.   I do not want to use a drill, can anyone who has done a 3D dragon cake with a neck n head help me out? how are you getting the neck and head to stay?   I know not every photo i see is a drilled pvc pipe. But i cannot figure out or find any tutorials on how to make this dragon shape stay.   Thank you in advance!!!
thanks everyone, I will definitely check these out! and a special thanks for the photos!! that helped alot!
thank you for responding! I saw that marpole one online and was wondering about it. Some reviews say the screws are hard to get in and dont match up? Can you reduce the size of the 7 tiers if you just need 4 or 5 tiers? also how hard it it to assemble each time? thanks!
Im looking to invest in my second cupcake tower for wedding. I have looked on amazon and etsy, and see various ones, on amazon they dont get great reviews. Anyone love there tower? and where did you get it?   Im looking at wooden ones and acrylic, 4 to 7 tiers..thanks!
to me it looks like a 7/9/11/13
The 'BIG' deal is for those of use who do not use much butter in our frosting, and we like high ratio shortening, which i special order in 50 pound blocks, this is mostly due to the fact that we do not refrigerate our cakes. You stated just add butter and refrigerate up till the wedding. Well I for one dont use refrigeration on my fondant cakes or any cake because my cakes are huge and i dont have a big enough refrigerator for that.   So yes its a big deal, for us high...
Thank you Liz, I just stocked up from my supplier before the big ban occurrs, I am just upset about this as this is my tried n true recipe I love. I am not sure what everyone is going to do about the fondant with all the trans fats either..   Its so funny the FDA is banning this, but promoted GMO- food. ahahah its laughable, I wont even get started on the effects of that as I would be on here all day, and I have a masters in public health so I am well educated on food...
additionally, is everyone forgetting that fondant has trans-fats also in it...
Yes I had already seen that, Jason says its ok...except for temp.. and the Embers mom says " The icing we use at work went ZTF a couple of years ago, and there is a definite difference in its texture, depending on the season. During the colder months we have to store it closer to the oven because it gets too hard and crumbly otherwise. Conversely, during the warmer months it can be quite gloppy'.   That is 2 stark differences, which is why I asked for more experienced...