Posts by myersark

Not sure why you would post this comment. I started this post because I saw a technique used that I thought would be something unique to offer to clients. I had done a search on the internet, but wasn't able to come up with something definitive as to what was used on the show. I thought perhaps someone on here might know.   If you have some 'real scientific facts' that would answer the questions of: a. What did they use? and, b. Where can it be bought; or, c. What else...
I have found an items called "Levitron Revolutions" that will hold up to 12 ozs. They must have used something like that. I found a pic on the internet of a 'hovering cake topper' but couldn't find any info on how it was done.   The search continues! LOL!
Our son saw the same thing on another cake show awhile back, but can't remember which one it was on. They did say something about 'reverse polarity' with the magnets. 
Does anyone know how they made the cake on Sugar Dome float in mid-air? I know it had to do with magnets. Any info on how to do it and where to get the magnets would be GREATLY appreciated! I've tried various searches on the internet with no luck.   THANKS!!!!     Vicki 
In response to the above question, I would think 16 oz of regular or mini marshmallows would still be the same amount, when melted down, as that is the weight of the product, not the volume. I use mini marshmallows, though, as they seem to melt quicker and are easier to stir. =)
The recipe I use calls for 1 cup of marshmallows, packed tightly to make the cup. I use a glass measuring cup (usually a 2 cup one). I add a tablespoon or two of water, then microwave it for about 30 seconds at a time, until it's a melted goo. (Watch out! It's HOT!) Then, I use a round glass casserole dish to mix it and the powdered sugar in (I use a spoon to start stirring it). It takes about 1 1/2 cups or maybe a bit more of powdered sugar. I stir in a bit of powdered...
Hi,I bought some pans on eBay and one of them appears to be the Nordic Ware 3-D bunny. Does anyone have the instructions for it?Also, same for Wilton Little Eggs 1-2-3 #2105-9430?Thanks!Vicki =)