Posts by Rachie204

kakeladi~ thanks so much for the help
I have only done a few edible images and not been very pleased with the end result of any of them. The last one I did was on buttercream and it just looked greasy in some spots and not in others. I am going to be making a cake in the shape of a pain can. The can will be covered in buttercream and then air brushed black. I want to apply a paint label that has a white background. I am thinking I will need to cut a piece of white fondant and apply the edible image to...
i had my only cake disaster when I tired the wooden wilton dowels. I usually use the plastic tube dowels and never have issues with them, althogh I am a beliver that sps is the best.
Kpow, I am in Richmond County
In GA you have to have a separate kitchen to operate out of. We had a room to spare but it had to have new sheet rock plus everything to make it a kitchen (New plumbing and electrical stuff) Our goal was to do the whole kitchen with just extra spare income and not take out any loans. Had we chose to take out a loan we could have finished in just a few months I'm sure, but I really didn't want to start my business out in debt....
It has taken about 2 years and lots of hours, only using extra money and refused to borrow any money but it has all paid off! Today I am an official LEGAL home based bakery in GEORGIA! Just had to share!
did you consider piping the print on and then smoothing it out, that is how I do my camo. We have done cheetah print the same way in the past. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=659223&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
Leah, Do you just include the price of the sps into the cake so the client keeps the sps or do you charge a deposit on even the small cakes so that you get the pieces back?One of the reasons I have only uses the sps a few times is because even though I buy the 4 inch legs for the plates sometimes they are still a little bit too tall for my tiers. Probably only a 1/4 inch or so. But they are so hard to cut....is there an easy way to cut them or should i just leave them...
tails, no...I used 5 wooden dowels in the 10 inch bottom and probably 4 wooden dowels in the 8 inch middleLeah, I have learned my lesson. I will be ordering a truck load of SPS this week...I cant stomach this again.
thanks eveyone...at least now I know that it was probably due to the wooden dowels...lesson learned