Posts by lyndim

I'm sure this has been addressed here before but I missed it. My question is "can you freeze ganache?" Thanks for any reply.
I've never used buttermilk before in cakes. Do you use it instead of water? What makes it different? Richer cake? I'm always looking to try something different and I always find something here at CC. Thanks for any advice.
Wow, thanks for sharing! They all sound delish!
Thanks all, I love this place! (CC) I'm gonna try this on my next cake.
I've heard that some people combine modeling chocolate with fondant. I'd really like to hear from anyone that has done this, is it easy to work with? How about the taste? I'm really curious, so if anyone has any advice, I'd really like to hear it. Also is it 50/50? TIA
Thanks for the "corn syrup" tip, never thought of that. BakingIrene always has great advice. You've helped me out a few times.
Thanks BakingIrene, this is very helpful. Just one more question if you don't mind, is Rich's Bettercream the same as Pastry Pride? Thanks again, I never thought of using poured ganache, which I think I'll use.
My son wants a ice cream filled cake, it'll be my first. My question is "what is the best buttercream to cover cake" seeing it will be in the freezer for some time. Thanks all!
Lovinspoonful, that sounds Devine!
There's a recipe here on CC for rolled buttercream, I've used it to cover cupcakes and it worked well. It should do well for cakes.