Posts by lyndim

I so gotta get me an Agbay, I've be wanting one for a very long time. I still use my old wilton one. (not the new fold out one) works ok if I put my cake on a turntable and spin it.But every time I hear about the Agbay, it just makes me want to invest in it. I've never heard anything negative about it :-Djust praise. Must start saving because I know their not cheap!
You can purchase hi ratio shortening from bakers kitchen. You can buy 4lb tubs or larger. Their prices are very reasonable.
I order from bakers kitchen. It's 9.99 for a 4lb. Tub. Fast service!
I purchased one on Amazon. It was on the lower end price wise, but it has turned out to be a really good machine. I just make sure to clean it really well after every use. I don't use too often but love it when I do. Glad I didn't invest too much $!
Does anyone have any tips on how to get the texture of a basketball/football on fondant? Would love any advice! TIA!
I got the same "love" letter from miss Helen, how weird is that?! Good luck Miss Helen!
Thanks for all your replys, very helpful!
Does anyone use buttermilk instead of water in box mixes?
I want to make a banner out of gumpast and either airbrush gold or paint gold. My question is what color of gumpaste would be easiest to get the gold color? I've heard black is the color to use if you want to turn it gold or silver. TIA!
Oops, meant "did NOT" come with knife and lifter!