Posts by lyndim

I've used this recipe many times for different effects. It takes color quite well and easy to make.
@AZCouture, yes, just fancy name for artificial.
I too purchased your recipe thru etsy. I was a bit hesitant because I've never really had any luck with scratch recipes and didn't want to invest in another recipe that didn't work for me. Just want to let you know I'm sooo happy I did! Never have I had this kind of success with a recipe. In fact I kinda screwed up the first time I made it. I forgot to add sugar, and didn't notice until I was about to pour the batter into the pans. I added the sugar to the batter and...
This is good to know. Thanks for the heads up!
Oops, I mean, do you use a dam?
Do you a dam?
Soooo jealous! I keep saying I'm gonna get one, but still procrastinating. Gotta do it!
Oh by the way Yorkma, very clever!
I so gotta get me an Agbay, I've be wanting one for a very long time. I still use my old wilton one. (not the new fold out one) works ok if I put my cake on a turntable and spin it.But every time I hear about the Agbay, it just makes me want to invest in it. I've never heard anything negative about it :-Djust praise. Must start saving because I know their not cheap!
You can purchase hi ratio shortening from bakers kitchen. You can buy 4lb tubs or larger. Their prices are very reasonable.