Posts by mom2twogrlz

Yes, thank you!
Maybe try a degreaser, like Simple Green or some vinegar might do the trick.
I don't see why you should trash them. It's not like anyone will be eating it, or anything that you use on it. Why waste free materials??? As long as they are clean enough for you to practice I say go ahead. Just trash any materials that have touched it after you are done practicing.
I use ganache to frost my cakes, but use a mousse or other filling, making a dam with the ganache to hold it in. That way you still have to lightness and richness at the same time.
I have done them a few times attaching onto a fondant covered cake, but like you said, I have seen it directly to the buttercream. I think you shoud do whichever you are more comfortable with. I personally don't work with buttercream all that often, mostly ganache and fondant. That is my comfort zone, so that is what I do. Do what you feel comfortabe with, since it seems both methods work.
I refridgerate ALL my cakes, and 99% of them are fondant, and I have never had a problem. I always stack then store, even if the party is for the next night. When I am done, I like to be done. As long as your support system is strong enough, it can remained stacked for days and never fall. The support system should be taking all the weight, not the cake.
I think it is between 5 and 6 TBS. I think I get two almost two batches out of one, but I can't remember for sure. It has been a while.
Hello all, When using milk chocolate instead of semi sweet, do you guys use a 3:1 or 2:1 ratio? I have seen both on line, and have tried both, but with inconsistent results. So I am confused. HELP!!!Thanks so much!!!!
The tutorial is on her website, we can't post it here, they will edit it. But do a google search for "Bakerella" and it will come up. She is the one who made cake pops famous.
Are your cake pops chilled properly? The best thing I can suggest is watching Bakerella's tutorial on her website. It is fantastic!!!