Posts by mom2twogrlz

Hi there. Thank you so much? They were both a ton of fun to make. The deal is cut using a stencil I made. I just photocopied the team banner into the size I wanted into cardstock and cut it out. It takes a little practice, but isn't too hard once you get the hang of what will make it looks alive. My style has been inspired by Corrie of Corrie's Cakes. She is my idol of fondant cutouts!!
Hello Everyone,    Happy Friday!!! I love all the cakes posted, the Halloween ones are spook-tacular!!    I just finished up a cake for my daughter's end of the season party tomorrow. She plays soccer and her team name this year was The Navy Seals...so cute. Anyway, here it is...all done before 10:00, an absolute miracle!!!        Last week I did a cake for my brother-in-law's 40th. He loves to fish at the lake with his 6 pack of Bud Light, so this is what he...
Thank you! I really liked the way it turned out. I love it when a cake just comes together!!
Hi Cat,    I am so sorry to hear about your nephew, prayers going out for you and your family.    I have been working on my first Thomas the Train cake, and boy was it fun. Buttercream is usually my nemesis, but it actually went on without any problems this time! Thank Goodness!! Here it is!  
Thank you so much for your reply Mel37. I ended up melting it down again and using it un-whipped.
HELP!!! I wanted to pipe some whipped ganache on my cupcakes, but when I started my mixer it immediately got grainy. This has never happened right away before, but instead if I walked away and mixed it too long.    Is there a quick fix??? I don't have time or supplies to make another batch or to switch to buttercream.    Thanks for any and all help!!!!
Nope, not a fan at all. The taste is weird, and the texture is horrible. It is both of my daughter's favorite, and I don't understand. WHY???? I have tweeked the recipe so many times and just can't get it to something I am proud of. Oh well, everyone else likes it, so I guess that is all that matters. Maybe this southern girl just doesn't understand.
      Here is a picture
I just finished a little cake for one of my best friends. It is her in-law's 40th Anniversary. So she wanted a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I HATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!!!!!!!! And I am not a big fan of red velvet cake either. So needless to say, I am not thrilled with it, but I guess it will do. I warned her I that I HATE piping cream cheese frosting, and that it is not my strong point. Not to mention I had a super hard workout, making my arms jello, so...
Yep. Just swap the colors.