Posts by tsal

Okay, as a newbie, I do PM people for advice, and I appreciate every response I get. I always start off by complimenting their work (because, let's face it, it's awesome if I'm asking how to recreate it, and then ask the question). Here is a PM I recently sent:Your cake is flawless! Can you tell me how you made the woodgrain detail and the ice cubes? You have inspired me to try something similar. I ALWAYS send a thank you when I receive a response because I know that...
Amazing! Thanks!
Hi Cake Gurus!My FIL is turning 70 and I have been commissioned to make the cake. He is a connoisseur of the finer things in life so I'm still thinking about what to make. I had thought about making a red-wine-bottle cake, but I just made one, and he has seen it, so I'd rather do something a little different.I was thinking about a Sugar Champagne bottle in a bucket-of-ice cake. What does everyone think? My FIL would not really appreciate a funny themed cake (like those...
Hi,Is it possible to make a sugar bottle in the shape of a champagne bottle? I've seen them done for beer bottles, but nothing else.Thanks!
If you talk about being a teacher as 'following my dream' then just be honest, expect that they will be disappointed, angry, etc., but the bottom line is that you have to do what is right for you. I have no advice to give you in terms of dissolving your company, but just be honest with them and weather the storm.
Can I use butter instead of shortening for the White Chocolate Pound Cake?
Hi,A friend of mine is looking to rent some kitchen space for her new business (it's more pastries than cakes). I have no advice to offer her. She doesn't need a ton of space, but does need an oven and space in a refrigerator (or space for a fridge).What would be a good starting point for her search?
Bravo!!!
Amazing! Thanks!
Or the totally awesome picture from CC that inspired you!!