Posts by tsal

Ah. Bummer. Thanks!
That's the one! Thanks for posting, Deb. I'm still under the weather...
I was going to ask this question, so thanks for the post!
Would this work on non-crusting buttercream?
Every time I try this recipe I get an inch-high ultra dense cake. It tastes good, but I would never serve it to people given that the presentation is abysmal. I don't get all the hype about this cake. I just end up going back to my no-fail chiffon that everyone loves. I would like to have some diversity for my vanilla cakes.What am I doing wrong? Is there another recipe that someone could suggest?
Never mind!! After extensive searching on CC, I managed to find a link to the Epicurious recipe I was looking for.Now for some more cold medecine...
hi,I printed up a recipe to try (someone from CC suggested it and I don't remember whom) and it's gone. I can't find it anywhere. It was for a fool-proof chocolate cake that was suitable for carving. I think I remember that it called for 1.5 cups of freshly brewed coffee.Maybe this is a longshot, but would anyone have a recipe like this?My Cake Bible is also mysteriously gone and I've had the flu all week. It can only get better from here!
But you still have one long dowel going down through all the tiers to steady the cake, right? I've never done more than 2 tiers so you'll have to excuse my newbieness.
Hi,I, too, am a night-time baker/decorator seeing that I have 3 kids under the age of 5. It's such a treat when someone is over to watch the kids and I can get my baking done in the daytime!
I just posted this in another topic, but it applies here as well:Okay, as a newbie, I do PM people for advice, and I appreciate every response I get. I always start off by complimenting their work (because, let's face it, it's awesome if I'm asking how to recreate it, and then ask the question). Here is a PM I recently sent: Your cake is flawless! Can you tell me how you made the woodgrain detail and the ice cubes? You have inspired me to try something similar. I ALWAYS...