Posts by Alfiesmom

Definite on using cake boards between real cake & dummies.  How many dowels I'm not sure
there's also a White Chocolate pudding mix (Jello brand I can only find at Walmart) that you could add to your cake mix
I have a question about Duff cake tattoos -- I'm using the tie-dye print around a buttercream cake. I want to have it done the day (or two) before I have to deliver it. Can the cake with the tattoos go in the refrigerator (boxed) and be ok. how about when it comes out and then sits outside at an event? will the colors melt, run, blend? Thanks for any answers and suggestions
I have a question about Duff cake tattoos -- I'm using the tie-dye print around a buttercream cake.  I want to have it done the day (or two) before I have to deliver it.  Can the cake with the tattoos go in the refrigerator (boxed) and be ok.  how about when it comes out and then sits outside at an event?  will the colors melt, run, blend?  Thanks for any answers
I have 2 figures to make for an October wedding: a chili pepper and a hammer.  I've watched a couple youtube videos where they use lollipop sticks and some tylose added to the fondant to strengthen it and quicken the drying time. For me, and what I have to make, any other medium that I'm more used to, like modeling chocolate would have been too heavy.  so I'm going with the fondant.  regarding the poster who said to make the figure in a platform type thing to rest on the...
I'm curious too.  I've never liked the taste and consistency of my chocolate WASC, even using chocolate milk or a flavored coffee creamer.  absolutely the worse cupcakes I ever made.
I agree.  they annoy me with the drama.  I think there's an awful lot of people behind the scenes getting the jobs completed.
look for youtube of ombre buttercream ruffles.  I just did.  while this doesn't look so 'ruffle-y' that's where you'll find the technique.  good luck
There's a shop in Mullica Hill (south of Cherry Hill) that runs classes for all ages and hosts decorating parties for children.  I'm sure they could accommodate you.     The Cake Boutique 115 Swedesboro Rd Mullica Hill, New Jersey 08062   Phone (856) 418-1226 Email thecakeboutique@mail.com Website http://www.thecakeboutique-nj.com       if not or it's too far, check with Classic Cakes there in...
They finally set a theme:   ~~And the Theme of the 5th Annual Sugar Arts Competition... “The Bounty of New Jersey” What do you know about NJ? Time to brush up on your knowledge as we challenge you to portray the Bounty of New Jersey in Cake. Here are some examples of the things NJ is famous for - Frank Sinatra The Four Seasons Connie Francis Ricky Nelson Bruce Springsteen Jon Bon Jovi Richie Sambora The Fugees Whitney Houston My Chemical Romance Kool and the Gang Debbie...