Posts by carmijok

I'm from Tulsa too and am thinking about attending the Vintage Market.  Where will you be located?  If I decide to go I'd love to stop by and say hi to a fellow CC'er.    I really don't have much to offer in the way of how many cupcakes you need to bake, but like others have said you can get an idea as to how many you  might need after the first day.    Yes, I know the hours are different the first day but you can estimate it by adding up how many were sold during that...
One way to combat this happening again is to post a calendar on your website that shows what dates are filled--or nearly full.  If you have a facebook account,  post on your timeline whenever a weekend...or month is completely booked and encourage others to order early so as not to miss out!    That way NO one should take it personally and you merely have to refer them to the calendar if they get their nose out of joint.    Just a thought!
Cream cheese frosting left out will not spoil in a few hours. Sugar is a preservative. If cream cheese spoiled that quickly, no one could eat cheese balls or any cream cheese based food item at room temp. In fact, you couldn't leave the cream cheese out to soften before you even make the frosting! I use cream cheese in my b/c frosting and it tastes so much better at room temperature which is why I deliver a cold cake at least an hour before an event to give it time to...
Unless you do something to create balance at the bottom, I too think it's a bit too large. But what gorgeous flowers!
Thanks. I'm thinking of entering a couple of contests and I've never done a dummy before.
Thanks! Good to know about the press n seal. So, just using the shortening...it crusts well?
For those who decorate dummy cakes with buttercream, what recipe do you use? My usual bc is somewhat expensive and obviously this is not to be consumed so what's a good workable bc to use?
Yes, I've read quite a few times on here certain decorators who make a point to say they refuse to do sheet cakes like it was somehow beneath their abilities.  Perhaps they didn't mean it that way, but it always sounds like that.  I just think Corrie76 shows that you can elevate the humble sheet cake into a work of art!
 I just want to point out the incredible display by Corrie76 (CorrieCakes) on today's most saved listings  Most of the saved favs are sheet cakes and ALL are incredible displays of creative talent!  Bravo Corrie76!  I have envied your talent for some time.  Wish I had a sheet cake to decorate now--with you to guide me!
Anything can melt if it's in a hot enough environment.  But if it's in an air conditioned room and not directly in the sun there should be no problem.  I've used fondant, gum paste and modeling chocolate before and based on my experiences with each--- for this cake I would use fondant.  And I wouldn't have to take the flowers off if I did before cutting.  You don't have to with fondant.  Even when it's dry you can still cut through it.  Gum paste, yes you'd have to take...