Posts by kimbm04r

I agree with Jason. The memory card is not the problem. All the pictures in my gallery are taken with a Canon Rebel (digital) camera. I am by no means a professional but I really like this camera for taking closeup pictures.
If you don't have a heating core you can use flower nails in its place. Spray them with cooking spray and place 2 or 3 in the pan with the base of the nail against the bottom of the pan. I have used it for the last 14" cake I baked
My niece is getting married July 29 at Michigan City, Indiana. I am giving them a wedding cake as our wedding gift. The cake will be 3 tiers (6" white, 10" chocolate, 14" white) decorated with the petal effect icing and sunflower and white rose gumpaste flowers. The ceremony is a beach wedding with the reception following at the Senior Center. I have just been informed by the bride that they have the Senior Center at a special Sunday rate and it is only available from...
When I first got into cake decorating I had a friend ask me to make her daughter's wedding cake. It would have been my first wedding cake except for the fact that someone asked for one a few weeks before this one was due so I had a 3-tier to practice with.The friends cake turned out to be a 5-tier but I took a different approach to it since she wanted to use the Wilton Globe set. I have attached the picture of the finished...
I use Betty Crocker cake mixes. One box mix, 1/2 cup water, 4 egg whites (or whole eggs if using chocolate), 1/3 cup oil, 1 cup sour cream and 1 3 oz box instant pudding (I use white chocolate for white cake to keep the cake white but cheesecake would also work)
I said I would post a picture of the Wedding cake, here it is. I rebaked the eggless cake and really glad I did. It turned out greatYou will notice the cake beside it was the results of my very first attempt at a Topsy Turvy. This wedding cake is the one I was doing the practices for.The bride was very happy. I delivered it 2 x 2 and had to do all the decorating once I got it to the Venue. The wedding was at 2:30 and the reception was at 6:00 so there was all kinds of...
I took today and Friday off so I can work on this cake. I decided to rebake these cakes today and I feel so much better about them now.I will post pictures of the cake when I get it done. I am really nervous about this since it is a topsy turvy and I don't need anything else messing it up especially since it is for a friend of my daughter (she was in her wedding 3 years ago).
I have been using them for quite some time. I am currently making a wedding cake for this weekend and I used the flower nails in conjunction with the bands. I can't believe the difference in how the top bakes with the flower nails also.
If you would like to go to the wedding you could always offer to help serve the cake since you will be making it.
I always put the batter in the paper liners with the foil one on the outside. You can bake them without a pan if you use the foil. If the foil liners are still in good shape, I then use the foil liners later without the paper liners.......get more for you money that way.