Posts by kimbm04r

Thank you both for your comments.   The tip I used for the hay was a leaf tip #352.   I packed the rice krispie treats firmly into a 4 1/2" x 2"  square cake pan filled to the top and trimmed even with the pan and allowed it to dry then cut it into the pieces I needed.  I used the extra for the tires.  I covered the pieces with the ganache applying it like icing and smoothed it with a hot icing knife.  I then covered it with the fondant which can be a little...
I haven't used the Topsy Turvy pans but I have made a couple topsy turvy cakes.  I would recommend getting the dvd from Sharon Zambito (SugarEdProductions).  It is a great DVD and explains the process very well using regular round cake pans.   This is the last one I made using her DVD.  
I delivered this tonight to my daughter's boss.  Her son's first birthday is tomorrow.  She sent me a photo of a cake she liked and this is what I came up with for her.   The tractor is made of RKT covered with ganache then fondant.  The top tier is white cake and iced with buttercream to look like a bale of straw.  The bottom tier is chocolate cake and iced with buttercream and decorated with fondant.  The family has a pig farm hence the pigs.  I also made a jumbo...
A few weeks ago my sister and a couple of her friends went to NYC and stopped at Buddy's store on the way home.  She brought me back a cup cake because she thought I would like one since he was a famous baker on TV.  After eating that cupcake I have to say that I will never make a special effort to go to his store if I ever get in the area.  It was not moist at all and the icing was not good either.  And just for those wondering, she bought it the day before I ate it so...
Check your PM, on the way as I type.
Check you messages, I just sent them to you.
I have the Sugarpaste in Bloom, Beautiful Blossoms (volume 1).  It is from Sharon Zambito (Sugaredproductions) and it shows how to make sunflowers including the dusting.  I used this video when I made the Sunflower wedding cake in my profile picture and gallery.  Great video.
I have subscribed to several of the classes. Just saw the Bejeweled and the Piece of Cake and was trying to decide which one to order. Now I see they have an orchid class. Decisions, decisions, but I bet the orchid class will win the first go around.
The cake I linked you to was the very first cake I decorated. It has Hydrangeas that are made with white gumpaste then colored with petal dust (eggplant) and steamed to set the color. I believe I used 2 or 3 containers of petal dust to color these but if you start with a gumpaste that is tinted close to what you want you will use less petal dust.That is what I did on the Sunflowers, I started with a light yellow gumpaste and add layers of different colors of petal dust to...
You can also use the eggplant petal dust and dry dust it on and when finished steam them. It sets the color and will look great. I do that with all of my flowers.Like this one, or the sunflower wedding cake in my gallery.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1472020/first-official-cake