Posts by kimbm04r

I have been asked to make a cake for our next (a year from now) family reunion on my husbands side of the family. They have asked me if I could do one utilizing the Caerlaverock Castle and/or the family crest. Here is a link to a few photos of the Castle. Any body have any idea to go about making a cake in this fashion? ...
I agree with TexasSugar. That said, I make birthday cakes for ALL of my children and grandchildren as their birthday gifts. My daughter asked me to make a Bus Cake for her MIL's birthday this summer and I believe she had every intention of paying me since she asked me how much she owed me when I delivered it. I told that whatever she thought was fair was fine with me. I have yet to see the money but I have a funny feeling she has forgotten all about it but I don't...
I bought a 4' x 8' sheet of 2" thick styrofoam insulation from Menard's for around $20.00 and my husband cuts it to the size I need and then glue or tape them together to make them 4" thick. You can get several "cakes" from each sheet. My husband has even hollowed them out and filled them with sand and sealed them with tape before putting together to give them the actual feel of a real cake. Check out the post linked, I have a picture of an acual cake and then a fake...
Couldn't get the picture to post here. Here is a link to my FB photos.http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=344881&id=100000317984752&ref=fbx_album
This is a 14", 10" and 6" Globe Pillar/Base construction that I did this weekend. I tried to post the pictures here but it won't let me.http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=344881&id=100000317984752&ref=fbx_album
This is the largest cake order I have had so far. It is a 6", 10" and 14" with 2 10" satellite cakes.This cake was a real challenge when it came down to the actual decorating and assembly. I have to give a great BIG thank you to my sister Kelly and her two daughters, Amber and Danielle for the help they gave me Friday night into Saturday morning to help me get this cake completed.The cakes are covered in buttercream with mint green fondant pearl scalloping and a royal...
I have baked cakes in my roaster as well and it turned out just fine. I do know that my aunt has baked pie in their gas grill also and I believe it may work for a cake as well. Preheat to the temp you need and keep the lid closed to maintain the temp.
I like the Magic Line and the Fat Diddio. The Fat Diddio because the side are straight and the have the lips for easier handling.
I took an order on Friday evening for my largest order yet. It is a wedding cake on the 18th. (For a friend, knew it was coming) This is going to be a total of 5 cakes (194 servings). The cake is inspired by a cake in the "Wilton Tiered Cakes" book "Pearl Necklace", actually it is on the cover as well. Since it is on the Globe Pillar and Base system, I will be doing the three tier cake with 2 10" satellite cakes that will be decorated identical to the main cake. They...
I went to Country Kitchen yesterday to get supplies for a wedding cake that I have coming up in a couple of weeks. I was looking in the Separator Plate aisle and was shocked to see that they carry the SPS system. I am really happy to see that I can go to Fort Wayne to get replacements when needed instead of having to order online.Just wanted to share.............