Posts by kimbm04r

Our woodworkers club is having a carry-in dinner during our December metting and I am signed up to take a cake. My husband thinks that I should take a cake that looks like a TABLE SAW. Any suggestions......
Which long Wilton Leveler are you talking about, the new folding one, or the older non-folding one?My sister has the old type and I have used it several times and have not had a problem using it IF you make sure the blade on it is straight and not tilted slightly. The folding version I always have trouble getting a straight cut with it. I DON'T like it at all. I will probably be returning it.
When I needed a "dummy" cake, I went to Menard's and bought a sheet of styrofoam insulation in the building department. It is 2" thick and 4' X 8' so my husband cuts 2 pieces the size that I need for the finished cake and I tape them together with 4" clear packing tape. Once they are iced and decorated you cannot tell they are made with styrofoam insulation. You can get several different sizes from one sheet and it saves a lot of money. I even made one for my...
My husbands birthday is next week and he recently found out that he has type 2 diabetes. He would like to have a lemon, orange or key lime cake for his birthday. Does anybody have any recipes that they have tried and like? I would really like to be able to make him a birthday cake that he can eat.TIA
I will try this again...didn't work first time.I made a bus cake a while back. To get the "road" under it I covered a board with green fondant and then put a strip of black fondant (start with chocolate fondant and add black to it) down the center of the green fondant. Down the middle of the black fondant I placed narrow strip of yellow fondant to. To get the "grass" tuffs you can use a tip #233 in various locations around the "road".Attached is a link to my bus...
I have a request to make a birthday cake for a 17 year old boy that likes to watch Cage Fighting. Does anybody have a suggestion on how to go about this? I am thinking about using a hexagon pan for the cake and putting a cage on top of it but I am not sure how to go about making the cage. Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.
I would suggest the Shedd Aquarium. I have never been to it but one of my kids have with his family and they said it is great. I have always wanted to go but haven't made it there yet.
You are one special customer. I have a funny feeling that she appreciates you just as much as you appreciate her.
I made this over the weekend for my parents 60th Wedding Anniversary.Four tiers.........top Spice cake made from doctored white cake mix (Dad's favorite), next tier Butter pecan cake, next german chocolate w/ coconut pecan filling (Mom's favorite), and bottom tier white cake. All iced and filled with buttercream with the exception of the german chocolate. Royal icing swirls in ivory and blue.The top of the cake is a butter pecan cake that I carved to look like a car. I...
I need some patterns from the 2010 and the 2011 yearbooks. I have ordered the pattern books for the years 2009-2011 but I am afraid I won't get them in time for what I need.Does anybody have the patterns for all the Bride and Grooms as well as the "attendants" on pages 90 & 91 of the 2011 yearbook and the patterns for "A Glorious Ascent" on page 71 of the 2010 yearbook that you could email to me? mkimball53@hughes.netThanks in advance.