Posts by kimbm04r

You can also take Wilton classes at Hobby Lobby or Micheals. They aren't like the Wilton School in Chicago, but they are good place to start.
Use a crusting buttercream, let it crust slightly, and use Viva papertowel and your hand or a fondant smoother to smooth the buttercream. This is the only method that I use to get smooth buttercream, I can't get a smooth surface with any other method.
I needed to make a poinsetta the other day and my gumpaste had pieces that was rock hard. I put it in the microwave for a few seconds and then kneaded it really well with shortening on my hand. It turned out great.This is the cake.http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1900818&done=1
I use the homemade cake release as well. I also put parchment paper on the bottom and around the sides if I put extra batter in the pan.
First off, I would request a photo of the cake and from that determine what kind of a refund would be appropriate, if any.
This is gorgeous. I agree with IndyDebi, a great centerpiece also. A tutorial on making this would be great.
One to check out is countrykitchensa dot com (The Country Kitchen SweetArt from Fort Wayne, Indiana...about 4 hours from Chicago..One hour from me..I have shopped there many times) and another would be wilton dot com (in Woodbridge, Illinois....close to Chicago).
Collette, never cared for Martha...too phony and for many of the reasons stated above.
Must not be everywhere. I got some tonight for 98 cents. That was a great buy, I'm afraid it would have been a full cart for me as well at that price. Good thing it wasn't on sell here, don't have the space to store all that mix.
My daughter and son-in-law have chickens and they keep me supplied in eggs. They don't have roosters but I still refuse to use the eggs in my cakes, just don't want to take a chance that I will have to many with blood and not have enough to make a cake. My husband uses them for his breakfast though. I still always crack the eggs into a seperate dish before putting them in my batter, store bought or not.