Posts by kimbm04r

It is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I can hardly wait. I may just have to bake a cake just so I can level it.............
I would wrap each cupcake in press-n-seal and freeze, than place them in a single layer in a zip-lock baggie once they are frozen. For the cookie dough, I would freeze in drops the size of cookie you want to make and then place them in a zip-lock baggie as well. Then you just remove from freezer and bake.
= agbay I decided that if I can work the equivalent of 4 weeks in two then I can surely buy me an agbay cake leveler. I just sent for a paypal invoice tonight. Now I will be on pins and needles until they respond and it arrives.
This is a link to a wedding cake I made with fondant pearl swags. I used the mold for these and had no problem with the excess fondant from the mold. Just make sure to clean as much excess from the mold and turn the seam to the back (or down) as much as possible.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1808211
I agree with Joycesdaughter, just a very small amount of the Wilton color is needed, if it turns orange then to much was used.
I use the Nicholas Lodge recipe and like it a lot.
I was finally able to get some Bettercreme this week. I have been wanting to try it for some time. I made some lemon curd this week for a lemon cake I was making for my daughter-in-laws Mom that was in the last stages of brain cancer, she had tasted my lemon cake earlier and said it was the only thing she could actually taste so I wanted to make her another one when she turned bad. Unfortunatly, I didnt' get it made before she passed so I made it and took it to the...
I actually have some in front of me right now. It is called "Ideal Low Calorie Sweetener Confectionery". The ingredient list is "Xylitol, Maltodextrin, corn starch and Less than 0.05% sucralose for added sweetness". It states on the bag that it measures cup for cup like powdered sugar and is suitable for people with diabetes, "Frost without Sugar". Distributed by Heartland Sweeteners in Carmel, IN. It is also Gluten Free. Comes in a resealable 16 oz. white with...
To me, it sounds like the legs were to short and and the weight of the upper cake slightly crushed the lower. Make sure all the legs are cut to the height of the bottom cake.
The last time I made this cake, I use Candy Melts to secure the turrets to the dowel rods. Then I inserted them into the cake and used buttercream to hide any unsightly marks. I also used the candy melts to secure them to the cake board. That stuff dries really hard and works a lot better then using just buttercream like I did on the first one I made. I had problems with the turrets wanting to fall on the first during delivery, but not the second. You just have to...