Posts by kimbm04r

I just got a request for a cake with light pink icing with a giant cherry blossom (darker pink) covering the top of the cake. Does anybody have any idea how to make a giant cherry blossom?
I get 7# bags at Sam's Club for a $5.32 (I think that is what I paid last time)
Have you seen the "frosting plug" thread on the Cake Decorating forum? This is a really great way to add more icing to the pastry bags. The first time I used it, I was hooked.HTH
I tell them that they need to have the table setup and ready to go for me to deliver and set up the cake.
My husband has been disabled since early in the year so he is ALWAYs home now but I still work a full time job with a lot of overtime. But just recently he has taken to getting things straightened up around the house. We now have 3 rooms cleaned out as well at the front closet and I just love it.I have all of my caking things in a spare bedroom just basically stacked in the center of the room and when I need something it was almost impossible to find it. Lucky for me, he...
The size tiers that you mentioned will serve approximately 102, if the top tier is not saved for the first anniversary. In order to get the servings you mentioned with just 3 tiers you will need an 8, 12, 16 and that will serve approximately 181.
When my husband was a self-employed carpenter, I used Peachtree Accounting. I liked it pretty well, but I think Cake Boss is supposed to do about the same thing for you.
I read this post quite some time ago but never tried it (actually forgot about it) until last week when I had to make a basketweave cake. I made the plugs up and when I needed to change them out it was so easy. Just pull out the used one and put in a fresh one. No more air in the bag from putting a refill of icing in it. This is just great. This will be my new standard. I may have to give this a try for RI flowers as well.Thank you so much for the tip and the great...
I hate opening those as well. I usually have to use my teeth to get them open which I don't like to do because of sanitary reasons. I love the idea of the bottle opener. Seems so simple now that you mentioned it. Thanks for the idea.
My DH bought me an airbrush (a super nice one that came with 24 airbrush colors and 2 airbrushes) and a macro lens for me for Christmas. I still have to figure out the airbrush. I recently worked over 80 hours of overtime and decided I was going to treat myself because I have a lot of trouble leveling my cakes. So I sent for the Agbay. I literally sliced a perfect 1/4 inch slice of cake off the top of a cake I made just to try it out. I have a funny feeling it is...