Posts by kimbm04r

I just checked a box of Devils Food htat I recently purchased and it is 15.25 oz. a box of white that I had left over from a previous cake is 18.25 oz. That is a lot of difference, I hope it doesn't make a lot of difference though when I actually have to bake a cake with the new size.
I posted about making a cake for a reunion about a year ago and this weekend was the reunion. This is the cake I was able to do. I didn't have time to do everything the way I wanted to because I have been working 12 to 14 hours a day for the past 3 months but everyone really loved the cake.I actually put it together on Thursday evening but wasn't happy with how it looked and I was afraid it wouldn't stand up to the 3 1/2 hour drive that it was going to be to get to the...
You shouldn't need a cakeboard between the 3 in and the 2 in layers but you will want to put a cardboard and some kind of support (dowels, bubble tea straws, etc) between the 10 in and the 8 in cakes. Also, if they will be transported stacked, make sure to put a dowel through both tiers or you may have a problem with them sliding.
I have to agree. The cake thing is what appeals to me as well. I could never get past the mushy cake and icing combo on the other ones. I may have to try this.
I have read this before and am curious to how this is done. Can you please give me more details? I assume you let the cake crust and then use the agbay but how do you get the layer of icing off the cake without messing up the cake below it?Thanks.
You can also pour thinned RI over the dummy and let it dry really well (several days), and then put the buttercream over the royal. Just make sure the royal is really dry first or the buttercream will slide off.I didn't want to have to worry about cleaning all the grease off of the dummy by putting BC directly over the dummy and I have done this with success.
I just made one and charged according to the serving size of the pan I used to bake it. (2 - 10 in square cakes = 50 servings) Then add for the fondant and decorations. You carve some cake away but then that isn't really very much and compensates you for your time spent.
I have a 5 and a half quart KA and I have mixed 3 box mixes at a time with no problems; it does get quite full though. I have recently started mixing pudding and sour cream to my box mixes and have had no problem using 3 mixes.HTH
I like the looks of them. I think they could be used for other things as well.Just on a side note....for those of you who are thinking of ordering from the Canadian website........... Canada Post is in the midst of a possible strike starting Tuesday midnight and all delivery may be stopped. If you need the tweezer soon, I would suggest checking into the delivery time anticipated.
I absolutely LOVE my Agbay. It is the best investment I have made to date. It will be the most used caking item you buy.