Posts by kimbm04r

When I make gumpaste flowers I usually apply petal dust to them to enhance the flower. I then use my clothes steamer to steam them. It sets the color and make the whole flower look so much more realistic. You won't be a bit disappointed in the results.I got my steamer from Sears a couple of years ago. I got a Sears gift card from my stepson for Christmas and new exactly what I was going to use it on. Haven't regretted it once. And it was under $40 if I remember...
I made a cake for my great nieces first birthday. I made a giant cupcake along with several jumbo cupcakes for the party. I transported them in a sheet cake box that I lined with non-skid material that you use for your cabinets. They traveled well over an hour with not a single cupcake moving from its original location.
I made a copy of it on my computer when I found out the instructions had been taken off the internet. Pm me and I will be happy to send it to you.
I have used Nicholas Lodge's recipe and I recently found a YouTube video from Linda McClure for her Gumpaste recipe. I believe I like her recipe better. It is really easy to work with and it seems to come back better if you have to rework anything. If it has a dry tendency from overworking it smooths right out with just a little extra kneading. I am currently using it to make Gerbera Daisies for a wedding cake I have due on July 1.Do a search on You Tube for Gumpaste...
The way I do a rope is with a round tip and make an "s" that lays down and overlap them starting with the bottom of the previous "s" to make the next one.. You may be able to find the instructions on theWwilton website or Youtube.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2036205/cherry-blossom-birthday-cakeHere is a link to a cake that I made with a rope border. I used a tip 22 star for it.
I always mix 3 at a time. I put in the eggs, water, oil and sour cream. Mix this well on low speed just to break the eggs. Then I add the cake mixes (one at a time) to which I have added one box of instant pudding to each bag while the mixer is running on low. Once all bags of mix has been added, I turn the mixer up to medium and time it for 2 minutes. Never a mess just well mixed cake batter.
I actually found my copy and put them in my laptop for future use since they are no longer available online. If you send me your email address I will send them to you.
I made a wedding cake that was buttercream iced but required a ribbon for the border of each tier. I used a fondant "ribbon" and it worked out great.Here is a link to the cake in my photos.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1808211/mint-greenroyal-purple-jarrett-wedding-cake
I recently got an order for a 4-tier Topsy Turvy wedding cake, July 1 event. I have a question about delivery. I am afraid that 4 tiers will be to heavy to carry assembled so I was thinking that I should deliver 2 by 2. How difficult will it be to deliver and assemble a topsy turvy cake on site? Also, the bride's little girl is allergic to eggs. She said she doesn't usually eat cake but she would like her to have the option if she so desires so she has asked me if I...
You can spread a very thin layer of shortening on the fondant to absorb the powdered sugar. It will be shiny but the fondant will absorb it and it will disappear.If you have a clothes steamer you can also use that to get rid of the extra powdered sugar.