Posts by kimbm04r

It says:   Everything always goes to pot after 40   Relax I'm only here for the cake.
I made my birthday cake a couple years back, of course at the time I didn't know it was MY birthday cake.  My daughter called my husband saying that she wanted to have a surprise birthday party for me because of all the help we had given her and her now hubby when they were getting married.  She wasn't sure how to pull of getting me to make the cake but me not finding out it was for me.  He told her to order it a couple weeks in advance and say it was for a friend at...
A doctored cake mix will hold up fine.  I use them for every cake I make, including the one I posted tonight "over the hill", and the cake in my avatar photo.  Just make sure you have sufficient supports between the tiers (cakes)
Delivered the cake tonight, client was extremely happy with it.  Birthday boy thought it was just great.   Have a peek.............    
These are going to be the decorations.  I was quite surprised and please at how they both turned out.       and     
On the topsy turvy that I made, I carved a 2" difference top to bottom.  With a 6" cake you only carve an inch and half difference to maintain the stability of the cake.      To maintain the correct dimensions use a two inch smaller cake board for the bottom and use them as guides.  Such as for an 8" diameter cake use an 8" cake board on top and a 6" cake board centered on the bottom.  Carve the difference away with the bottom board up then turn over when you are...
Check your messages.
Try adding a small amount of violet color and that turn it more white.  Sounds strange but it works.
This is great but I bet my daughter would dis-own me forever if I sent this to her as April fools.   I made her a cake for her birthday a couple years ago and delivered it to her at work.  She spent at several minutes trying to cut it before figuring out it was fake (foam weighted with sand).  She was really upset because she was looking forward to the cake, that is until a co-worker finally brought in the "real" thing.  This was payback for her tricking me into...
I use the icing plug exclusively when I pipe.  Any left over icing can be placed in a baggie, sealed and placed in the freezer until you need it again.  Love this method.