Posts by goa11ie

Oooooh, Cupcations! Cool trick! I'll be sure to use that too!
"Super Red" by Americolor is magical I have a gigantic bottle of it because its THAT good!
Thank you so much everyone. I've been wanting to purchase the Courier but I wasn't sure if it would fit my needs I'll put in an order through Amazon soon!
Hey everyone, I am trying really hard to figure out the best way to transport cupcakes. I've done cardboard boxes with the cardboard inserts (only to find that the inserts don't always keep the cupcakes propped up especially if I hit a bump on the road). I usually make my frosting tall and I usually have a gumpaste decoration on the top that typically adds even more height. What carriers does everyone use? Has anyone bought the Cupcake Courier? Any feedback is greatly...
Linda, Thank you for your reply....I was born and raised in Gloversville (if you're familiar with the area outside of Canjo...)Right now, I am living in a college town...the hubby is a professor. But yes, there are a lot of smaller towns outside that I know are financially stricken, especially out near where your parents and my parents live. I guess the way I look at it, I don't think I'd do this cake again for anything less than $200...it really was very tedious with...
yeppers...my sister's 23rd birthday
Thank you everyone...it was definitely a labor of love! I've been mentally prepping for this cake since last April. Actually, I was pregnant and got sick from the smell of fondant and couldn't do this cake for my sister's college graduation (and yes, fondant was the ONLY thing that I couldn't stand the smell of during those 9 months!) I live in upstate New York outside of Utica, but I have done cakes for the Saratoga Springs/Albany area...
There are three wooden dowels supporting it, and I ganached the outside. I also carved it so it had a slight slope, but it was tough to get the panels on...when I froze it, I had to support it with a cake pan. It is not wobbling a heck of a lot right now because I used a stiff buttercream to cement it to the board, but I dont trust it. I will have it on my lap when my husband drives tonight!In terms of servings, I'm not too sure...I always have the toughest time...
Im sorry its not letting me attach the picture...
Hey everyone, My husband and I are in a deep discussion of how much one would charge for the following cake (if there isnt an attachment, here is the website: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1960849)Here is some info:- 9 layers- Size of an actual bag- Took 20 hours to make (some was trial-and-error, so if I had to do this again, maybe it would take me 17 hours)- If you compare to the actual pattern, I was pretty spot-on for the most part...He says $300...is that too high?...