Posts by jennicake

I had no idea what it was either!  Had to google it, and spent a good 10 minutes reading up on the history right now.  Learned something new today!
Nothing beats vanilla (made with GOOD vanilla extract) to me!  I also really like a few drops of Lorann cheesecake flavouring.  I wouldn't say it tastes like cheesecake, but it does add some tastiness that my friends seem to love.
If the bavarian cream was at room temperature, your straws may have shifted with the cake being slanted as well.  Sounds like it was a tasty cake though!
Are you greasing the sides of your pan first?  I grease mine (with shortening) before adding in the parchment paper and that usually holds it in place
the shape looks kind of like the handle of a mug to me!  I would try wrapping these around a mug handle to dry.
Thank you, this helps a lot!  Humid days are a rare thing where I live, so dealing with them messing with my cake is a new thing to me.  So annoying, grrr
^ that's brilliant!
Has anyone noticed whether a high room temperature or high room humidity plays any effect on your cakes?  I've been using the same recipe for a long time now and it's always turned out consistently the same.  The last couple of weeks have been ridiculously hot and humid in my area, and anything I have baked during that time had just turned out weird... either it took much longer to bake, or it overflowed in my oven, or it ended up with lots of air tunnels in the...
I think AZCouture is right.  I always had blowout issues with ABC so I started weighting my cakes to settle.  Kept doing this out of habit when I switched to SMBC.  One day I forgot, and had no blowouts... so I decided to try again to see if it was a fluke.  Nope!  Never had to weight my cakes again when using SMBC :)
 I'm in Canada too!  I ordered tylose from Golda's Kitchen.  I actually end up ordering a lot of stuff from them hehe, give it a shot :)