Posts by jules5000

I have worked with Rice paper and like it, but you definitely do not want to be in a rush when doing the picture on the rice paper.   I have not noticed any taste from it.   I have used the color gel and a paint brush to color in the areas and you have to make sure that you get it real thin and not very wet.  It will cause the paper to warp and you also need a lot of time for it to dry, but I like the look as it seems to be kind of like stained glass or I guess another way...
Yeah, I am just wondering what did you do with all the favorite photos that people had saved in their favorites list and also favorite recipes?  I needed to find one and whoa was I surprised to see this change and I have no idea where to find what I had saved and I am not too happy about it.  WHen someone has a bunch of things saved and recipes they do not want someone messing with them and putting them someplace they can not find them when they need them.  I am really...
It was a new one on the site and I tried to click it to save to favorites and it wouldn't do anything so after waiting and waiting I decided to try again and now it ahs registered it as a "unfavorite" How do I get it to save as a favorite or is that not possible. I had that happen on a cake picture I wanted to save also one time and it is very frustrating
Poohsmamma: Was your husband in the areas that you were working on the cake when you were working on it? I don't think that there should really be a problem if he wasn't. If you aren't sick and displaying any symptoms of sickness that would transfer to the cake. It would be sad to see that amount of cake go to waste. What do you do if your husband gets sick and you are doing a cake for someone else? Do you start all over? I mean if You were sneezing or coughing...
Noura: One time recently I didn't have enough sour cream and I finished it off with mayonnaise as I didn't have any yogurt on hand either. I would not reccommend subbing out the whole thing with mayonnaise though. While it isn't going to hurt the cake it will change your flavor up. I ended up having to make more cake so went and got sour cream to do the rest of it with. It, the mayonnaise did not hurt the flavor as it was a small portion that got subbed out, but I am...
I thought at first that you had to come up with a design that had already been used and re-invent it, but they just want a alternate idea to the traditional wedding cake? The french dessert that has been mentioned is not pastel, but you could use white chocolate and color it pastel colors and as someone else said make it a smaller version. I ran across a recipe for that not too awful long ago and so I imagine that if you put that in the search engine you could come up...
Poohsmomma: after you get everything put together why don't you wrap it really good and refrigerate it until you have to deliver it. The refrigerating it should help the icing to kind of set things and hold them better. Have you seen the directions on here(CC) for refrigerating or freezing cakes that have fondant on them? I have seen the cakes after and they looked really good. Unless you did something wrong in your support or your balance is off on the ship's end...
Ok, I have gone through the list of flavors here and there are plenty, but here is where I need help. I made some WASC cupcakes and I am planning on filling them with a mandarin orange mousse that I made trying to use up some mandarin oranges that I had. I was kind of thinking of making a fluffy white icing to go on top and putting some coconut on top of that. What do you all think? I am trying to use stuff I have here at home w/o buying anything else. Do you think...
Vicky, Yes, I am very thankful that it is my non-writing hand. That almost makes things impossible as far as caking goes, but I am not worried about that right now anyway. I have a ton of stuff to do before the holidays get here and they are basically here for all intents and purposes for me. I have a very busy weekend baking for a church thing Sunday night and then I have got to get myself organized as to what candy I am going to make for Christmas gifts and figure out...
Vicky: If you are going to do just plain board railing and put wire in it I would think that you need some of the finest wire you can get and I saw where you said that you weren't going to be home much before the cake was due. My suggestion would be to do your railings as soon as possible after you know the pattern of your cake and let them be drying for as long as they can before you put the cake together. Then obviously set about putting everything else together that...