Posts by erin12345

I am making a 3 tier buttercream wedding cake with a nautical theme. I would like to include roping coming out of grommets as a swag around the middle. How do I make it look like the roping is coming out of the grommets? I'm concerned it may be too heavy and fall off of the cake. Any advice?
I agree, white Reynolds cc liners ffrom Gordon Food Service. Work great and great price.
I don't know about Sam's Club but you can get a 50 pound block of Sweetex at Gordon Food Service, if there's one near you.
It is helpful to me as I find pricing so difficult. I like the idea of having a sample picture to correlate with the pricing level. Thanks for the ideas.
Does anyone know where I could find a template for a gumpaste man's dress shoe? I've found plenty of high heels but nothing besides a slipper for a man. Thanks.
Wow, what a difference a diagram makes! Thanks so much for taking the time to show me. This method will work great with my Cricut Cake. I can cut the number from paper using my Cricut Expression and then shape the wire using that as a pattern. I can then cut a pair of numbers from gumpaste using my Cricut Cake and assemble as you described. I've always put numbers on a plaque on the cake because I've been too chicken to try the numbers standing up. Can't wait to try this...
Could you please explain that advice a little further? I can't quite picture what you're describing. Is the "5" wire inside of the gp 5? If so, how do you get it in there? TIA
For 30 years I have been baking, cooling, torting , filling, crumb coating and then placing in box and double bagging it before freezing. When needed, I take the box out of the bags and allow cake to thaw in the box overnight. I then finish frosting and decorating. Perfect texture every time!
Do try to enroll in a "stacked cake" class before attempting to make your first tiered wedding cake, you'll be glad you did. Good luck!
This is something I've been wondering about too. Thanks for all of the advice! I think I will make a batch and freeze it in small portions.