Posts by mandyloo

I'm also a hobby baker, and I pretty much tell my friends and family to come up with a flavor of cake they want, and I'll figure out how to make it. This has lead to requests like s'mores cake, margarita/strawberry margarita, strawberry cake with chocolate covered strawberry filling, etc. They usually just ask for dark chocolate cake with marshmallow filling (oreo filing recipe from cc w/o oreos). My most used fillings are marshmallow, buttercream mixed various seedless...
I've seen just about everything except angel food and tres leches under fondant, including box mix, doctored box mix, and many many varieties of scratch cakes.
As long as your fillings aren't perishable (custard, fresh fruit, etc), they should be perfectly fine!
I think golden syrup is a uk equivalent to corn syrup? I don't think it's supposed to hold it's shape the same way as fondant, mine has always been softer. If I need it for anything more detailed than say, roses, I mix it 50/50 w/mmf and it holds up better.
I've used all butter buttercream in a transfer before, and that didn't happen, so I don't think that's the problem. Was the buttercream thin to begin with?
The rules vary from state to state, and even county to county. Google your state's .gov site and they should have some info, if only the #'s to start calling.
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/?s=ganache
Ganache can be left un refrigerated. I don't know what nutrifill is, but heavy cream and whipping cream are similar, but I think they may have a slightly different fat content. I've used them interchangeably in ganache recipes.
Ganache can be left un refrigerated. I don't know what nutrifill is, but heavy cream and whipping cream are similar, but I think they may have a slightly different fat content. I've used them interchangeably in ganache recipes.
Looks wonderful and works perfectly well on Firefox.