Posts by cai0311

Did you have a dowel pounded through the entire cake and into the cake drum/bottom board? If not, what would prevent the top tier from sliding off?
I agree with the posters about the "ugly" description. Had the cupcakes fell over she would have told you that and called them "squished" or "mashed" or something along those lines. Depending on how close your shop is to her home, I would make her bring the cupcakes back (not just except pictures because you can't always tell from pics). If the cupcakes really were ugly (although I don't think they were) you could have iced them again. The flowers should have been...
[/quote]cai0311 wrote: ...Sunday I baked an entire 4 tier cake (2 12" round, 2 10" round, 2 8" round, 2 6" round) at the same time. Took about 1 1/2 hours (baking and cooling time)... Wow, that is amazing. Can you please give me some info on this oven such as the name, size, and maybe model number? We are hoping to gut our kitchen and remodel it by the end of the year. TIA
The cupcake place by us sells out by 2:00pm. The place by my husband's grandma offers day old cupcakes for $1. There is usually only about 2 dozen left at the end of the day if any.
Dear Bride,This is _______ from _________. You missed your scheduled consultation to discuss your wedding cake for (date) at (time). If you would like to reschedule your consultation call (phone number). Please note that a rescheduling fee of $x is due (either before if you take credit cards or pay pal or at the time of the appointment if you don't). Sincerely,Pissed Off Baker If the consultation was made over email make sure to reply to her using the email with the...
I live in Ohio. To become licensed I could not have any pets. I don't know if outside only pets are allowed (barn cats, outside dogs...). I didn't ask because I am not allowed outside only pets according to the home owners association so that option was mute to start with. In Ohio you do not have to be licensed to sell home baked goods. You only have to be licensed if those home baked goods require refrigeration. I don't know where you live, but ask if you even have to...
I have a convection oven at home that has the option of regular bake and convection bake. If I select convection bake I punch in the temp I would use for regular baking and the temp is automatically adjusted (lower by 25 degrees). When I had just a regular oven I baked my cakes at 325 degrees. With the convection bake I punch in 375 degrees, the temp is automatically lowered to 350 degrees, and I get the same results (moist cake, no "hump"). I have NOT noticed the...
I hold the tastings in my home at the dinning room table. I don't have any kids (unless you count my husband) so there are no distractions or noise. I like the fact that the clients see the place their cakes are being prepared in. I keep my home very clean - which is a selling feature for them to see that.
90% of my brides come in with a picture of the exact cake they want. 90% of the time it is a plain cake with a ribbon around the bottom of each tier and flowers alternating on each side.The next 5% don't come in with a picture but tell me "we want a plain cake with a ribbon around the bottom of each tier and flowers alternating on the cake".The last 5% have no clue what they want - and I mean no clue. I ask 15 questions trying to get some sort of idea, theme, inspiration,...
Thanks! Chicken breast salad, very yummy.