Posts by cai0311

I finally remember to check what my oven is:SamsungFTQ387LWGX
The only way to know for sure is to call the health department (or agriculture or whoever is in charge of this) and ask. Ignorance does not mean the law down not apply. You could face big fines/shut down if this is not allowed. Taking that chance is up to you.
Google "gumpaste (flower name)" and see what others are selling the flowers for. That is where I started my price search for making my own flowers. In a lot of cases I just purchase the flowers. Most flowers are resonable in price and it is just easier to click the "purchase" button than make the flowers myself.
I guess it depends on what you mean by slow. Busy with already booked orders but dead in the water for consultations. I am swamped right now with my summer wedding orders. I work out of my home (legal). I max at 2 weddings per weekend (I work full time too). From the April - September I am booked solid. Then things slow down a bit and I only have about 3-4 weddings per month - until January when it just dies. But I live in NE Ohio and it snows so much from January -...
I made a dessert table for a good friend's baby shower. There was cake, mini cupcakes, rice crispy treats, sugar cookies and chocolate sugar cookies. I purchased candy, little plastic bags and stickers to close the bags for the guests to fill and take home. Candy included chocolate malt balls, jelly bellys (2 different flavors) and watermellow salt water taffy. I had a ton of candy left over but the desserts were gone in a matter of seconds. I estimated 3 desserts per...
I don't send surveys out but I do send a hand written thank you note to all my brides and clients of large orders. Since I have started doing this most have emailed me about the cake (so far all good things). This gives me an open to ask for an online review and I add a link to a website for them. About half leave a review.
I will check when I go home tonight. I am not sure what the model number is.
I refrigerate all my cakes, especially buttercream ones because I like working on them while the icing is hard. I don't think you should worry about it.
Google "wedding websites", "wedding planning"...most of these websites allow vendors to have a free listing. Wedding Wire offers one of the best free listings you can get. I pay $65/month for a listing on the knot. It has worked out great for me; especially since they now allow reviews to be left by brides. Get a website and have it done by a pro if you don't know exactly how to do it. Google page is great for my business (and free). Give everyone you meet a business...
When I have extra batter I bake a cake and cut it into large bit size pieces. The pieces are put in a zip lock baggie and then in a large freezer baggie. I pull the cake pieces out 30 minutes before the consultation. I do not let the bride pick the cake flavors/fillings - she gets what I have in my freezer. I get little plastic cups (jello shot cups) and put a piece of cake in each one. There is a piece of cake for each person coming (up to 3 people are allowed to...