Posts by cai0311

I took at look at your website, I think it could use a lot of work. You posted that you would like to change gears and work more on high end cakes. If that is the case, you need a high end website. That doesn't mean an expensive website. Most of the cakes on your website are sheet cakes - that doesn't exactly say "pick me for your really expensive cake order". The pictures themselves could use some help. The bakery is in the background of most of them. I think you...
I am sure she wants this because she has read (because for some reason the knot has this plastered all over their site) that a fake display cake and sheet cakes in the back is cheaper than getting a real wedding cake. Stupid, but for some reason many articles suggest this to brides as a way to save on the wedding cake. Explain to the bride why this option is not cheaper. She will be paying for the cake twice. Even if you discount the display cake and the sheet cakes she...
I have a small hand held Braun (I think that is the brand) mixer thing that attaches to a small blender...
Breathe. If someone asks for a cake tell them you are more than happy to make the cake, ask for the date of the event. If the date is before you are prepared to start selling just tell them you are already booked. If the date is after you are ready to start selling get the info. You can always just have several business cards on you so when someone asks you can reply "here is my card. Either email me or call me and we can discuss details." That way you are not put on...
Does it only happen to cakes covered in fondant? If so, try using ganache instead of buttercream. There is a thread floating around that has several youtube video links about how to make chocolate and white chocolate ganache and cover a cake with fondant using this form of icing. I only use white chocolate ganache under fondant (doesn't change the flavors any more than using buttercream). Works great in my opinion.
No picture posted.
If figuring out how much 1 dozen cupcakes cost you is to difficult/confusing I don't think running a business is a good idea.
All my cakes are 4" high, so all my servings are based off the wedding serving guide. It became too difficult to worry about both charts and I don't like the look of 2" tall cake so I don't make them.As a side note, the party serving guide is not a larger serving of cake. The size of the a party serving is 2" x 2" x 2" or 8 square inches of cake. the size of the wedding serving is 1" x 2" x 4" or 8 square inches of cake. Same amount of cake just proportioned...
I purchase Fondarific. I absolutely love the taste and texture. The biggest benefit to me is no mess to make it. It keeps for a year.
I can't find the mold on Jennifer's website. Can you post the exact page you found it on?