Posts by cai0311

The cupcake place by us sells out by 2:00pm. The place by my husband's grandma offers day old cupcakes for $1. There is usually only about 2 dozen left at the end of the day if any.
Dear Bride,This is _______ from _________. You missed your scheduled consultation to discuss your wedding cake for (date) at (time). If you would like to reschedule your consultation call (phone number). Please note that a rescheduling fee of $x is due (either before if you take credit cards or pay pal or at the time of the appointment if you don't). Sincerely,Pissed Off Baker If the consultation was made over email make sure to reply to her using the email with the...
I live in Ohio. To become licensed I could not have any pets. I don't know if outside only pets are allowed (barn cats, outside dogs...). I didn't ask because I am not allowed outside only pets according to the home owners association so that option was mute to start with. In Ohio you do not have to be licensed to sell home baked goods. You only have to be licensed if those home baked goods require refrigeration. I don't know where you live, but ask if you even have to...
I have a convection oven at home that has the option of regular bake and convection bake. If I select convection bake I punch in the temp I would use for regular baking and the temp is automatically adjusted (lower by 25 degrees). When I had just a regular oven I baked my cakes at 325 degrees. With the convection bake I punch in 375 degrees, the temp is automatically lowered to 350 degrees, and I get the same results (moist cake, no "hump"). I have NOT noticed the...
I hold the tastings in my home at the dinning room table. I don't have any kids (unless you count my husband) so there are no distractions or noise. I like the fact that the clients see the place their cakes are being prepared in. I keep my home very clean - which is a selling feature for them to see that.
90% of my brides come in with a picture of the exact cake they want. 90% of the time it is a plain cake with a ribbon around the bottom of each tier and flowers alternating on each side.The next 5% don't come in with a picture but tell me "we want a plain cake with a ribbon around the bottom of each tier and flowers alternating on the cake".The last 5% have no clue what they want - and I mean no clue. I ask 15 questions trying to get some sort of idea, theme, inspiration,...
Thanks! Chicken breast salad, very yummy.
There are times when being legal will directly affect the answer to the question. Pricing is one that comes to mind (and is probably the most asked question on this website). People think that because the box mix is $1, icing $5, cake board $0.25 that their cost of the cake is $6.25. So when they sold the cake for $15 they made $8.75. We all know that is not correct - there are a lot more expenses for making a cake:paper towelswatersoapelectricityinsurance (only if legal...
95% of the wedding I have booked had a tasting first. Most book at the time of the tasting, the rest within the next 2 weeks (trying other bakeries in the mean time/busy...). The order is not considered booked (or placed on the calendar) until both the signed contract and deposit has been given to me. I make this fact clearly known to the bride. This helps them not drag their feet getting either of those two things back to me. Deposit is 30% of the order total with...
The label info/location depends on where you live. I can't just list flour, sugar, pudding... I have to include all the ingredients that make up each product. For example:Flour (list of ingredients on flour bag), sugar (list of ingredients on sugar bag), pudding (list of ingredients on pudding box)...I also have to include the weight of the product.