Posts by cai0311

I can't lift a 16" by myself. I would either stack the 10" and 6" together and then plop those on the 16" once at the site or just wait and stack them all at the site.
I do a lot of cupcakes weddings that have a 6" cake used as the "cutting cake" or anniversary cake. I charge them my normal prices because the cake is always decorated to match the cupcakes. No one is going to buy a plain cake to sit on top of the cupcake stand. That would look stupid. Now, if she wants a plain cake boxed and put in the back (not decorated, strickly for anniversary purposes only) then I would throw it in (assuming my usual practice was to offer a free...
When I have extra batter I bake a cake with it, cut the cake in bite size pieces, put the pieces in the freezer and pull them out 30 minutes before the client arrives. I put them in jello shot plastic cups. I also have fillings in jello shot cups with little tags stating what they are. I put all this on 2 nice platters (one with the cake and one with the fillings). The client never picks the flavors for the tasting. They get whatever I have in my freezer. The fillings...
During the meeting tomorrow be honest about why you are quitting. Don't bash anyone, be professional, but don't minimize the situation either. The next person that is hired in will have the same problems you expererinced. Plus, if the owner understands what is happening, maybe the manager will be fired and you can continue at the job you love.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614554&highlight=gourmet+flavors
Do you have to cover the cake in fondant? Can you ice the cake in buttercream instead?
That is what my first post was mainly about...pesticides.
I just purchased a convection oven for my house kitchen. It is not a double oven, but a regular slide in stove top/oven. The main thing is to buy a "true convenction". Just having a fan won't help. My convection oven has 3 heating elements - top, bottom and one behind the fan. That way the fan is blowing in air the same temp at the oven interior which gives extremely even baking. I bake every week with all three racks full of pans with no problems.
I told the bride I will have nothing to do with the floral arrangement since she is picking a toxic flower. It is up to her/family/florist to put the flowers on the cake.
Almost all my wedding cakes have fresh flowers on them, and they touch the cake. The florist supplies the flowers - I tell the bride to make sure the flowers are non toxic. Pesticide free flowers, especially for a wedding, are impossible to find here (I would think most places are the same). If the flowers are not sprayed, then they have to be grown indoors/green house to limit their exposure to bugs. The flowers will be eaten to nubs if left outside with no spray. No...