Posts by cai0311

I haven't read all the posts, so sorry if this has been covered: You wote that the tiers will be 6", 8" and 12" round. According to Wilton cutting guide that will serve 92 people - almost double what the bride needs. If the couple is wanting to save the top tier (12 servings) that still leaves enough for 80 guests to be served. A 6", 8" and 10" round serves 72 - still more than needed but if you take out 12 for the top tier to be saved that is 60 servings left for...
Try using Sharon's Sugar Shack icing. It is the best. I order my Sweetex from GFS. http://cakecentral.com/a/sugarshacks-buttercream-icing
Here is my timeline for cakes with a Saturday delivery date: Wednesday: Bake cakes Thursday: Fill cakes, chill overnight to allow the cakes to settle completely (if your cakes do not settle completely you will have a saggy cake with wrinkled fondant), make ganache Friday: Ice and decorate For ganache iced cakes you have to allow the ganache to set once on the cake. This can be sped up by putting the iced cake in the fridge for a couple hours. I don't freeze cakes...
There are a couple of options for using Wilton servings to get 200 servings out of a round wedding cake: 1. 6", 8", 10", 12" and 14" = 208 servings 2. 6", 10", 12" and 16" = 206 servings 3. 6", 8", 12" and 16" = 192 servings I make cakes that size regularly. All my cakes are 4 layers of cake and 3 layers of filling for a tier around 4.5" tall. Using 3 layers of cake and 2 layers of filling will work too, just make sure you get the tiers around 4" tall or the tiers look...
I love this fondant: http://www.auiswisscatalogue.com/505023/1-ENRO.html it is smooth, tastes good and is so easy to work with.
There was nothing in the post I thought required more than a thanks. The info was exactly what I was looking for, but no questions were ask and nothing needed to be clarified. To me, my "thanks" was sufficient. As for the anyone else question, I was hoping to get more that one experience. This is a big decision and learning from others in the same boat will be helpful. Bilbo, in the future, if you have an issue with a post send a PM. It is hard enough to keep a post on...
Thanks. Anyone else change their business name? Or start the process but decide it was to much of a hassle?
Thanks for the reply. I am not on Facebook, so no problem there. I know I can change my name on The knot and Wedding Wire. I should have been more specific about the Best Of award. I have plaques I use during consultations and bridal shows to showcase these. Those would have my old business name.
Everything was fine until I tried to select a photo on the gallery page. When I select a photo I get the same error as redneck ruffle. I am using safari on iPad.
Does this lunch box contain sweets? If not, I wouldn't go with #1.