Posts by jenmat

I always use ganache. There is a thread on here all about it. Best thing I ever did!
I guess I've been busy- haven't noticed the thread still going...I have a new policy I will be adopting thanks to all of you, which will basically state in very nice terms that this is business meeting and I would suggest children under 10 be left at home, but if you must bring your cherub, please also bring a dvd for them to watch. That way, at least I know they will be occupied. As far as parenting- honestly, I'm a mom of a 2 year old. This child was 3, and was just...
wow is right. I'm sorry I started this with that vent! Seriously, I can totally see all sides of the argument... well at least the ones about the post. Not about the Bs and Whs. Not sure where that was read into it. Although I can choose to "take it" because they are paying me, I do not choose to do business in that way. I do NOT have to bend over and take it like the people at Walmart or another chain store. This WAS my fault, I 100% agree with it. I was just annoyed that...
Wow. I am sorry that I haven't gotten post notices and so have not been responding. THanks for looking at my site- I AM fully Licensed and Insured, and I am also very upfront with clients that it is in my home. I wouldn't ask a business question if I wasn't a legit business. People come to me often because I'm small and charge a little less than the storefronts. I do NOT need any more business, so I have no problem losing a few rude clients who would let their children run...
I've had 3 couples in the last month or so that thought it would be appropriate to bring their child with them to the tasting. They don't tell me, but just show up with the kid (last night he was 3). They mess up the house I just spent an hour picking up, my 2 yr old who is laying quietly in bed trying to sleep, cause "mommy has a cake tasting" now gets up because she hears someone rummaging through her toys in the living room. This means that I have my 2 year old sitting...
FYI- Walmart's Black Friday Sale includes a cricut expression for $199 and cartridges for $30.
Yep- they are a lot like those. Except Sam's Club is WAY cheaper. I like how they work. You just have to make sure the insert is pressed into the box a ways, or your cuppies will fall through!
I use cupcake tins- the plastic ones with the snap lids just like the grocery store. For big orders I went to Sam's Club, purchased a case of cupcake inserts from the bakery. THey hold 30 cupcakes, and I use those for weddings in 1/2 sheet boxes. I have also done many cupcakes in a simple 1/2 sheet box or 1/4 sheet box without an insert. Works fine- just make sure the box fits the amount of cupcakes you need.
I just had a bride email me with a budget of $150 for 200 people, and at the most expensive country club in the area. The old me would have worked with her to try and make it fit. Now, after a couple of years and a larger backbone, I just told her she was being unbelievably unrealistic and a better budget would be $500 MINIMUM, and that's with a bunch of sheet cakes.Never expected to hear back from her, but she got right back to me, thanked me for being so frank and...
oh yes, I have that problem a LOT. the only thing that works for me is putting the cake in a box. It seems to keep the condensation off, and the colors from running as much. I can't wait to get a new fridge with a humidity control. Someone suggested DampRid to me, but I'm hesitant to use it since I could just imagine what my health inspector would say to that!