Posts by hayleyb

Hi, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to bake two colours in the same tin without them bleeding through? Ideally i need to do a layer of vanilla then strawberry and so on, as I am baking in a bowl to get a dome shape i don't want to have to bake one whole vanilla and then one whole strawberry if i can help it. Thanks
Thanks guys, i'll look at Alan Dunn books :)
Hi,   Can anyone recommend any 'How To' books for sugar/gum paste orchids??   Thanks   Hayley
Yes Sugarflair is available here, i shall try my luck with these, thank you :)
I can't get Americolor in the Uk without paying outrageous postage unfortunately. Our main brands are Dr. O which is now producing a gel but is unsuccessful or PME again unsuccessful. Close to just tipping the hole bottle in the batter and seeing what happens!!
Hi,   Everytime i bake a cake an add food colouring (Dr. O, PME and cheaper brands) the cake always reverts back to a yellow sponge on the inside and just a dab of colour on the top crust. I've tried adding more colour and different brands and it always comes out the same. Anyone else had this problem?
Hi Guys,   My brother has asked me to make his wedding cake which is amazing. The bride's requirements are 5 tiers and all sponge. I've told her that at least the base tier will have to be a fruit cake because of the weight. I just don't know what scratch recipes to use. Any scratch recipes will be greatly appreciated especially if they're in grams/ounces rather than cups...   Also   Will i need another tier to be a fruit cake?   Hayley
Hi guys,I´ve read some recipes and other q&a´s on here and some of you mention crumb coating a cakewhat is and how do i do that?Also does anyone have some decent recipes for a 9 1/2 inch and 10 1/2 inch cake pan as i´m only used to using smaller pans and can´t find any cookbooks here in spain in english thanks
Hi guys,I´ve read some recipes and other q&a´s on here and some of you mention crumb coating a cakewhat is and how do i do that?Also does anyone have some decent recipes for a 9 1/2 inch and 10 1/2 inch cake pan as i´m only used to using smaller pans and can´t find any cookbooks here in spain in english thanks