Posts by kimmisue2009

Not sure about the baking part, but Elegant Cheesecakes out of California has been wrapping their cheesecakes in modeling chocolate and what they call "chocolate paper" for at least ten or fifteen years. Good luck!
My "blue" velvet turned out a rather funky army-ish green. Great if I ever need a camo theme. But if you really want blue, just remember what the cocoa will do to the food coloring. That said, I'm way on the novice end of things, so that could be part of it.
Not if ya want it done right!
There are several types of battery operated lights that you could get. The tea light ones actually flicker....you could disguise them somehow......
      Like these?
If you search "drippy icing fondant cake" I think you'll find what you need.
Chai factoid. This is just one of the reasons you are so well loved around here. That's awesome.
I would also love a reason, but don't really think there is a concrete one.  I have baked four dozen cupcakes from the same batter, in the same wrappers, and in the same oven and had anywhere from 0-3 from each pan pull away.  So anything I've tried to decide was the culprit never held up.  I decided it was punishment for past sins. :)
When I do them, I use the clear bags and tie the fork right onto the bag in one easy package. :)
The best part about this story is the fact that we have a set of people who can still recognize that it's CAKE and didn't throw a dang hissy about the mistake.  They are my hero of the month.