Posts by kimmisue2009

I, for one, am glad that some folks still insist on writing on cakes. If not for these people, Cake Wrecks would not exist and I would lose much of the joy out of my twisted life.
It's beautiful. Not even a question. Give it to her now.
heehee.
I once had a prima donna "friend" who tried to convince me she had no sweat glands. She was just that much of a princess. Sorry, but I would have to put this girl in the same category.
If you want the coconut flavor without with texture that so many people seem to hate, Coco Lopez is fantastic. It's by the margarita mixes and such.
Have you checked out Doug's stuff? I don't know for sure if he has a dinosaur plan worked out, but he's pretty much worked out everything else under the sun.............
I think that's why I like the salted butter. I hate to measure "dashes and pinches" and my measuring spoons, the last time I saw them, were in the yard.............so I just lean on the salted butter and dont add any salt. We can probably see why I am just an occasional baker......
Just tell her "yeah, that's a really simple design - you should go for it!" Then, right before she SHOOTS HERSELF, you can rush in and save the day if you are so inclined. I remember that school of thought - class was dismissed right about the fifth time I scraped fondant off the wall when the "other me" took over.
That's really crazy to me, and even though I am new, and NO baker to speak, I thought that I had found the opposite to be true. I made a batch of chocolate buttercream that was just blah, and the only thing I did different on it as opposed to all the other times was use unsalted butter. Now, I won't use anything BUT salted, no matter what the recipe says. This is not advice or anything related, just my two cents' worth, because I found it really interesting.
Some people simply mistake kindness for weakness and have no trouble capitalizing on the kindness of people who would literally skin themselves alive to make a coat for a cold person. I am one of those, but have learned that bleeding for some people only leaves you bloody and the sharks will just be circling waiting for the next time that you can rescue them. Let 'em go without something just once because they don't believe your "no" - that will break most 'em from it.