Posts by kimmisue2009

I am just a sometime hobby baker but I am a mom of four so feel pretty confident in that part. This is one of the most popular things you can do with kids. I always made sure I had several colors of icing as well as lots of different sprinkles, etc. Tons of plastic knives and plates. I also covered the tables with those cheap, colorful tablecloths. That way, nice you're done you can just wad all the mess up and throw it away. I use doctored cake mixes and buttercream made...
Well, at least you know they are wearing gloves while they're preparing it........
I don't have an extrude either so I just rolled my gray fondant/gumpaste mixture by hand and twisted the strands together. Made some short pieces with points and twisted them in. I am total beginner and the cake wasn't great but the barbed wire was satisfactory. This is probably not a link but the pic is in my pics. It is a brown westerny cake with horse shoes on top. http://media.cakecentral.com/gallery/681932/normal_1254572270.JPG
Go for it. It's a fantastic idea - you can set the precedent, if nothing else. Remember - at one time, everything hadn't been done before.
What if you frost them in chocolate and maybe make some brightly colored fondant embellishments? It's like playing with play-doh and sooooooooo much fun!
I don't understand all the muhahahaing. Are you planning to poison them or something?
I, for one, am glad that some folks still insist on writing on cakes. If not for these people, Cake Wrecks would not exist and I would lose much of the joy out of my twisted life.
It's beautiful. Not even a question. Give it to her now.
heehee.
I once had a prima donna "friend" who tried to convince me she had no sweat glands. She was just that much of a princess. Sorry, but I would have to put this girl in the same category.