Posts by kimmisue2009

I made mudcake cupcakes a couple of weeks ago.  First time making mud anything.  First, the batter could be spooned over ice cream - it was that heavenly.  And I think everyone who tasted them said they had never had such a completely chocolately chocolate cupcake.  They were fantastic.  I have tried umpteen recipes and added chocolate to every one of them, but never with such great taste results.  They were heavy. They were dense. But when I'm looking for chocolate,...
Indeed! You pulled it off famously! Go you!!
Ugh.  That's the only thing I can think of - I know there are those with royal icing and piping skills, but if I had to tackle that, I'd just sit down and cry.
Do you have a way to turn that into an edible image?
Well good luck in your endeavors and definitely let us see your masterpiece.  Now I'm off to work, because if the cyber-police care one whit about what I'm doing I've already got some 'splaining to do!
I googled "tiered cakes same size" but even that only yielded a couple results.  I'm a self-proclaimed google-ho and usually find anything I want, but so far, even though I know there are more out there, I haven't found that many.  It's becoming a vendetta as the morning wears on......
And, although one look in my gallery would tell you this - I did not make that cake.  I just looked for an example of what I thought you might mean.  It is a very different look.  Post yours when you do one. :)
 Like this?
Use the Texas Sheet Cake icing recipe - you can adjust the powdered sugar to exactly the firmness you want.  I just made minis doing this the other day and everyone thought I had made Fantasy Fudge for the frosting - and this one requires no candy thermometer.  Precious little skill, too, come to think of it. :)