Posts by CakeDiosa

Amen!
You will transport it complete.  I responded to your PM and will send you pics and instructions when I get your email address.   
White buttercream, airbrushed with super pearl w/ a bit of silver mixed in. No airbrush? Buy the airbrush can from your cake supply store michaels. Also WHITE airbrush color with silver luster dust mixed in (again, for an airbrush) works well too. I would just super pearl the $% out of it. Hope this helps!
Google "catering kitchen" or ask some local catering companies what kitchens they use. I know some churches will rent their kitchens out or ask a local bakery that maybe does breads but NOT cakes or pastries. I know some bakeries that will rent their kitchens out too but here (in Southern California) some are asking $40 an hour. Could you imagine???? Good luck!
Use piping gel or you can moisten boards with water. Or you can moisten the fondant directly after you've rolled it out. Roll out fondant larger than diameter of board. Place board on top. Roll out another piece. Place on top of board. Make sure fondant is wet or has gel around the edges then press the top piece of fondant to the bottom and cut off the excess. Don't cut TOO close to the board or it will be exposed. Place on flat piece of foam to dry so you don't get...
run!! run!! RUUNNN!! The only thing worse than doing a cake for people who have been nothing but a pain is then sinking all those hours, lack of sleep and child neglect into a design you don't EVEN LIKE!! Oh honey...you are not OBLIGATED to them...friend or not. I have a "friend" who I have noticed a pattern with over the past two years. She is too busy all year to do anything - with me. Everyone else is hanging out and invited to her get togethers so she isn't too...
Red flags. Don't ignore them. This situation is going to get worse. If your gut is already telling you this order is going to be a problem then LISTEN TO IT. I agree with Pummy's advice and have done the same thing before "someone else wants the date I need your deposit by tomorrow or they are booking it" No further explanation or apology needed. AND like I always tell people "being a friend or a relative or me liking you "a lot" in NO WAY reduces my COST, TIME or...
I have had this happen so out of frustration I doused it with water since I figured "heck if it's dry then lets see what happens when I over saturate it with water". I figured I was going to trash it anyway so why not experiment a bit. Well, it gets all sticky and gummy and I was sure I ruined it but kept on kneading and kneading using shortening on my sticky hands and eventually it reconstituted and became usable fondant and was even better after resting for a day or...
"furiously baking or decorating" LOLLLLL!!I agree with EVERYONE else. Refund and DO NOT engage with this customer. You contradict your own statements when you say "I need the money by XXX date or I just can't do it" then they pass said date and time and pay you and miraculously you can now do it. For some reason some people think they are doing US the favor with an exceptionally under priced order...enjoy your weekend instead! Don't move your line in the sand. Red...
ohhh okay... yes, I've made that gum glue before. Long time ago. Guess it just depends on one's preference or the application it's needed for.