Posts by Cher2309b

Thank you very much, Ladies, for your input. The wedding was a few days ago and even my last-mentioned ideas changed somewhat. Anyway, here is the final 3 tier wedding cake, which is all dummy cake, and a cutting cake.        
Thank you to everyone for your suggestions and comments. I wasn't past the thinking it out stage when I first posted. I was awake at 3 am this morning, still thinking it out, and decided to get up and work on it. So I searched for pictures with musical, romantic and fairy themes, as well as a soft antique paper for the background. I printed them out, tore them out and made some collages and then printed those out. I think they look fine.   My next step is to have some...
Thank you julia1812.I'm after any ideas at all. I don't have an airbrush but will experiment with powdered colours. I'm thinking of tearing out a variety of photos and pasting them on paper to create a collage effect (or a decoupage effect) and then making an edible print of this to apply to fondant. One thought I am having now is to print out some nice antique-looking paper for the background rather than painting the fondant. (My original thought was to make an  edible...
Thank you kakeladi; I'll have to start experimenting.
I would love some ideas on how to create a sepia or old world background effect on fondant. Can anyone assist please?
Thanks Sugarflorist; I'll pass that on to my friend who posed the question.
Just wondering whether anyone has used Clare Bowman's Cake Lace in humid weather, if humidity caused problems, and whether you have any hints re using it in humid weather.
Hi. Time has passed since this thread began but I just found it. Have you worked with Clare Bowman's Cake Lace in humid weather? I am wondering whether humidity is a problem and, if so, do you have any hints on coping with it.
I just saw the stunning cake by Branka2008 (Love her work!) in the CC Newsletter of 4th February 2014. Is anyone able to identify the large flower mould she has used over the top tier and to build the dome?
I've been making armatures for some models for a gym cake. They will be stuck into a dummy top tier and won't be edible. I have a girl made with florist wire and alfoil and I've begun covering her with a mixture of fondant and modelling chocolate. Seems to be working OK, although I'm not sure that the coating will harden very much.    My major concern is a piece of gym equipment that I have begun to build from varying combinations of florist wire, sate sticks, strips of...